I'm coming soon!

Former Marine, constant tinkerer, retired early (staffing cuts) from the oilfields. I've been tinkering with guns for 40 years (a little bit restricted in California). Finally decided to start charging people and discovered no one changed their mind about me fixing their guns even if I charged them. Most even said they'd ship them to me if I move. Got the money to do it by retiring early so I'm leaving Nazifornia and heading for the beauty and freedom of North Eastern Tennessee. I'll be building a store to open (hopefully) by January, 2019. Seems to be a shortage of gunstores in the area we've been looking at. 

Welcome.  You'll find a very different culture here about guns.  Of course, there folks here that aren't so nice, though nothing like California.  How can a place that is so liberal have so many jerks.

Also, thank you for your service.

3 minutes ago, Pete123 said:

Welcome.  You'll find a very different culture here about guns.  Of course, there folks here that aren't so nice, though nothing like California.  How can a place that is so liberal have so many jerks.

Also, thank you for your service.

It was my honor to serve with the finest fighting men on the planet. 

Funny thing, real estate agents have told me that some of the areas I'd looked at were "too gun friendly" LoL. After living in California there is no such thing. I've been wanting a Colt Mustang for my wife for years. It's not on the "DOJ Approved Roster of Safe Handguns" but a Hi Point is. Seems Hi Point doesn't mind paying the state bribe to be on the list, but Colt (Ruger, Smith and Wesson too) refuse to pay tribute to the California Communists.

• Haha 2

Welcome to TGO and soon NE TN, hope to meet you someday. I'll tell you what the fellow behind the counter in the first gun store I stopped in when we were down looking for a house and I told him where we were moving from.

"Welcome to America"

Congrats grant. If you don’t mind my asking, what area in the NE are you moving too? 

Recently checked out Knox and did like the stuff further up and to the right. But not quite ready to retire yet to make that work.

What did you do with your CA neutering parts(if any)? I think I’m keeping a couple mag blocks and a bullet button for a ceremonial burning!