Dickson County Deputy killer on the loose

You folks in Dickson county stay safe and keep your eyes open.

234.jpgphotos upload

Steven Joshua Wiggins is believed to be armed and dangerous after the shooting Wednesday morning in the area of Bear Creek Valley Road and Tidwell Switch.

Wiggins is described as a 31-year-old white male who is balding with brown hair, brown eyes and a beard. He's 6 feet 1 inch tall and weighs 220 pounds.

FOX 17 News obtained a background check for Wiggins, which showed he has a lengthy criminal history, including arrests for kidnapping, domestic assault and resisting arrest.

The Dickson County Sheriff’s Office is asking residents to stay in their home while the police investigation is underway and the search for the subject continues. Wiggins is considered to be armed and dangerous. If seen, do not approach and call 911. A $2,500 reward is being offered in Wiggins' capture. 

Multiple agencies are responding to the scene, including Tennessee Highway Patrol, Dickson County Sheriff, White Bluff officers, TBI, DEA and Dickson City Patrol. Troopers arrived on scene and put on tactical gear as they prepare for the manhunt.

The deputy killed has not yet been identified.

The Dickson County Sheriff’s Office is asking residents to stay in their home while the police investigation is underway and the search for the subject continues.

The subject is armed and dangerous.

Multiple agencies are responding to the scene, including THP. Troopers arrived on scene and put on tactical gear as they prepare for the manhunt. Dickson County Sheriff and Dickson City Patrol are also on scene.

TBI is en route.

http://fox17.com/news/local/search-under-way-for-armed-suspect-in-dickson

This all started in Kingston Springs yesterday when he put a gun to a  girls head ordered her out of her car and took off in it. The deputy saw the car and gave chase this morning and was shot when he pulled the car over. I hope they don't take the bas-ard alive. I have been getting text's and updates all morning as my grandson works for 911 dispatch and can hear all that is going on in the search. He knew the officer that was killed. Before going to work for 911 he was a Cheatham County Deputy Sheriff and they knew each other. As far as the report saying they believe he is on foot is guessing I would believe. He hijacked on car, so what makes the think he won't take another possibly with hostages is why it would not be reported.............JMHO 

It's a very bad scene. I've known Sheriff Jeff Bledsoe for a very long time, and he is a very fine man, and a Godly man. His administration has had to go through this twice now. Please be praying for him, and for the deputy's family. 

Good hunting brothers. Good hunting.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, res308 said:

It's a very bad scene. I've known Sheriff Jeff Bledsoe for a very long time, and he is a very fine man, and a Godly man. His administration has had to go through this twice now. Please be praying for him, and for the deputy's family. 

Good hunting brothers. Good hunting.

I was just listening to an interview of a local resident on his way hme from work and the reporter asked him if he was nervous or scared about the guy being on the loose and the man said no and the reporter asked why and he said well country boys just don't scare that easy and drove off. I thought right then the guy probably had his 9MM on his hip or on his seat. They reported stopping several cars in road blocks and several folks in the vehicles all had guns but also had permits even though the police could not do much because it is not illegal to have your gun in your car. One never knows. Police might fine Wiggins wiggling on the end of a rope in the woods if he runs into the wrong country boys down that way.........JMHO

Edited by bersaguy

So, he did it. It was caught on video, no question he is the guilty party. Why is he not hanging in front of the court house this afternoon? There is no good reason I can think of. I might be convinced she deserves a week before hanging as well but I doubt it. Lay with the dogs and all that after all. 

55 minutes ago, n0rlf said:

So, he did it. It was caught on video, no question he is the guilty party. Why is he not hanging in front of the court house this afternoon? There is no good reason I can think of. I might be convinced she deserves a week before hanging as well but I doubt it. Lay with the dogs and all that after all. 

I tend to agree but that pesky Constitution gets in the way again.

• Like 1
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:18 PM, Ronald_55 said:

If the right guys find him...the police won't unless they bring out the shovels. 

Oh they won't need shovels to find him if the locals find him first. He has a $35,000.00 reward on him so they will turn him in. He may be some what worse for wear and a little banged up but e will still be breathing BARELY!!!!!!

4 hours ago, n0rlf said:

The smarmy defense attorney that wiggins gets will trot out "mental defect" or some other such, and young Burch will be Colonel of the THP some time in the 2030's before wiggins gets injected, quietly.

Do NOT misunderstand me. I am fully in agreement; with a preponderance of evidence, and the Constitutional requirement for a SPEEDY trial, wiggins should be given the short drop. Perfect irony would be to get him properly noosed, with an inverted wastebasket as the prop to be kicked away. Let it wait two hours, bring it down, and then hang her with the same noose. No need to waste.

But that would be in a less error-prone world than the one which we live in presently. The leeway of the defense has stretched all out of reasonable shape these past few decades.

Prison for him will be rougher with the guards. I imagine some of the general populace will laud him as a cop-killer and some will not like him for bringing on more heat.

This Burch fellow did well. It's to be hoped he continues in such good service.

I understand that this is the present commander of the THP's first week as commander. What a harsh trial by fire to start his command with. Hope he carries on well.

Edited by SWCUMBERLAND
19 hours ago, AuEagle said:

How stupid & evil does anyone have to be to murder anyone?

Exactly. In this politically charged environment many want to be of a “special” group or plan. I don’t care if the victim is a Police Officer, School Teacher, Home Owner, or Store Clerk; murder is a hate crime. It is the ultimate hate crime and unjustified murder against an innocent victim should not have levels.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

Exactly. In this politically charged environment many want to be of a “special” group or plan. I don’t care if the victim is a Police Officer, School Teacher, Home Owner, or Store Clerk; murder is a hate crime. It is the ultimate hate crime and unjustified murder against an innocent victim should not have levels.

I've been thinking long and hard on this one.  One one side, I see your point, murder is murder, but then I think, isn't killing a police officer not only murder, but an attack on society, and the rule of law?  Most murders are usually between individuals who know each other, or are in the same game, drugs, gang, domestic etc. A police officer is there to keep the peace, for the rest of us.  He may settle disputes now and then, but mostly there to keep us civil.  Attacking that not only commits a crime, but also erodes society a bit. And I must add, the same goes for killing anyone in any public office, and of course this is only when done while in the line of duty.

4 minutes ago, Omega said:

I've been thinking long and hard on this one.  One one side, I see your point, murder is murder, but then I think, isn't killing a police officer not only murder, but an attack on society, and the rule of law?  Most murders are usually between individuals who know each other, or are in the same game, drugs, gang, domestic etc. A police officer is there to keep the peace, for the rest of us.  He may settle disputes now and then, but mostly there to keep us civil.  Attacking that not only commits a crime, but also erodes society a bit. And I must add, the same goes for killing anyone in any public office, and of course this is only when done while in the line of duty.

I believe killing a police officer should be treated no different than killing a janitor. I'm guessing, however, that they wouldn't have spent nearly the time and effort going after this guy had he killed you or me.

• Like 2