David Hogg is coming to FedEx in Memphis

13 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

New corollary to Godwin’s law - if your first post on this forum uses Hitler’s name in reference to someone other than Hitler - you’re not going to have the opportunity to post further. 

Unless the OP is a previously banned individual,  as was insinuated above, you guys are pushing the easy button a bit prematurely IMHO. 

David-Hogg-salute-584x403.jpg

He was dubbed Hitler well before this post.

12 minutes ago, xsubsailor said:

I'd be interested in the opinion of his classmates of him. With a name like Hogg, I'm sure he was the brunt of a few jokes and maybe some bullying. His way of getting even ????

I have caught a few things out of the corner of my eye. Not everybody at that school agree with our new little stars. Hard to get much of that given most of the media's agenda right now.

3 minutes ago, Omega said:

Unless the OP is a previously banned individual,  as was insinuated above, you guys are pushing the easy button a bit prematurely IMHO. 

Could be a previous personality. Hell, Voldemort snuck back in a bunch of times.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Omega said:

If his first post involves calling someone a nazi and POS I can't imagine they will bring much value to the community.

Edited by Erik88
  • Like 2
46 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

New corollary to Godwin’s law - if your first post on this forum uses Hitler’s name in reference to someone other than Hitler - you’re not going to have the opportunity to post further. 

29 minutes ago, Omega said:

He did last 2 hours, that's a lot longer than some ...

25 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

If someone's first post is call someone a nazi and POS I can't imagine they will bring much value to the community.

I see he already had posted about Swedish stocks. I did not read the entire post but the skimming I did looked like a decent post. I agree maybe not put the Hitler but inn the first post but he did state it was his reason for joining. 

Maybe a warning would have been better. Never know might have been a good contributor. Maybe not though. Guess it will remain a mystery. 

As for the young man from Florida it is very obvious the media is using him. I would like to think most people that vote would know that. But I know better. We all see the media hyping on Rosanne and nothing on the Bee. Such obvious bias that even some on the left ate finally admitting it is nothing more than Trump bashing gone wild. 

If all else fails try bad press. Such an old and time honored tactic used by politicians everywhere. Amazed the sheep still fall for it though. 

Ya know, we should probably try to show a little understanding for kids who watched their friends get mowed down with an AR. I can't even begin to imagine the hell they went through that day. We may not agree with their stance, but I don't think it's unreasonable for a kid to feel that way after going through something like that. Some people on the right appear to lack even the slightest bit of sympathy for them. Death threats, name calling, personal attacks towards Hogg only makes us look like assholes.

We have to remember it is possible for people to change their mind as shown in my link below. One could argue Hogg would never join our cause and you may be right. We can be damn sure he won't after receiving death threats from gun owners around the country. 

"Why I joined the NRA after writing gun control articles"

4 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Ya know, we should probably try to show a little understanding for kids who watched their friends get mowed down with an AR. I can't even begin to imagine the hell they went through that day. We may not agree with their stance, but I don't think it's unreasonable for a kid to feel that way after going through something like that. Some people on the right appear to lack even the slightest bit of sympathy for them. Death threats, name calling, personal attacks towards Hogg only makes us look like assholes.

We have to remember it is possible for people to change their mind as shown in my link below. One could argue Hogg would never join our cause and you may be right. We can be damn sure he won't after receiving death threats from gun owners around the country. 

I am fighting back the tears as I write this :) I think Hogg was on the way to get his camera, and didn't see ANY mowing. A tennis shoe in the ass is not a death threat.

I read that article yesterday. Unfortunately, Hogg is not looking for the truth, like this journalist above. He is seeking the spotlight.

The one before that, the one in my home town, didn't make any media stars at all. There are still some signs around the area, as of last weekend, but no media. My very liberal sister-in-law teaches there. I have seen her a few times since that event. She's not trying to ban the icky guns. Even though she's a liberal, she is smart enough to see the real causes of the shooting. She had the shooter in class last year.

When an 18 year old kid turns into a word-for-word poster child for Bloomberg, it ain't grief driving it. Now, I'm going to try to go dry my eyes.

• Like 1

I don't agree with the death threats but I also don't agree with yelling about taking the rights away from millions of people due to the actions of one. Did he and his classmates  go through a terrible event, yes are they subject matter experts, no. You can't govern with emotion and you sure can't let these people dictate policy change. They have said it out right they want a ban, not " Common sense " gun control, a ban. To hell with him and his friends, go fix Chicago or Detroit and make change there.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

I am fighting back the tears as I write this :) Now, I'm going to try to go dry my eyes.

Ya know Mike, it seems you've lost the ability to have a conversation here without being sarcastic. Every comment you make has a certain level of snarky built into it. My comment wasn't addressed to you. If you don't like what I have to say I wish you'd just go back to ignoring me like you did in the past. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

You know, you would think those NFL players and their supporters could do the same for the offended soldiers...Hmm, different shoes?

19 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Ya know Mike, it seems you've lost the ability to have a conversation here without being sarcastic. Every comment you make has a certain level of snarky built into it. My comment wasn't addressed to you. If you don't like what I have to say I wish you'd just go back to ignoring me like you did in the past. 

I'm sorry. But it sounded like you were scolding us. It sounds like that a lot. The moral superiority brings out my sarcastic side. I was trying to challenge you to hear yourself. I won't do that anymore.

If you want to buy into the Hogg franchise, be my guest. I don't believe a thing he says.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, mikegideon said:

I'm sorry. But it sounded like you were scolding us. It sounds like that a lot. The moral superiority bring out my sarcastic side. I'll bow out.

I'm not trying to scold anyone. I wasn't addressing anyone in particular.  I'm just trying to point out that the old carrot vs stick saying might be applicable here. Listen to Hogg, point out the flaws in his opinion but don't attack him on a personal level. I wasn't very smart at 18(maybe that hasn't changed), we have to give them a chance to change. I doubt Hogg will ever change his mind but I have no doubt some of these other kids will. 

Ya know, we (NFL Players) should probably try to show a little understanding for kids(Soldiers) who watched their friends get mowed down with an AR (AK-47s). I can't even begin to imagine the hell they went through that day (Try an entire deployment). We may not agree with their stance, but I don't think it's unreasonable for a kid (Soldier) to feel that way after (Entire Teams Kneeling) going through something like that. Some people on the right (Left) appear to lack even the slightest bit of sympathy for them. Death threats, name calling, personal attacks towards Hogg only makes us look like assholes (Ditto).

Try it this way.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

I'm not trying to scold anyone. I wasn't addressing anyone in particular.  I'm just trying to point out that the old carrot vs stick saying might be applicable here. Listen to Hogg, point out the flaws in his opinion but don't attack him on a personal level. I wasn't very smart at 18(maybe that hasn't changed), we have to give them a chance to change. I doubt Hogg will ever change his mind but I have no doubt some of these other kids will. 

The internet is a funny thing. Didn't mean to take you wrong. We both know each other way better than that.

MY POINT... little Hogg is dishonest. I will attack him personally, just like I will attack "Shannon Demands Attention", because they are attacking me. They're attacking you too, with as much deceit as they can muster.

This is Hogg's chosen field. When he saw visions of TV trucks, he went for it. Believe what you want. I have known more than my share of those kinda folks. He needs to just go be on TV somewhere, and leave my rights alone.

• Like 4
16 hours ago, LINKS2K said:

Allowing him to exercise his First Amendment right without the threat of bodily harm or intimidation by a bunch of old men afraid of their shadows, and always worried about the chickens coming home to roost. 

Here's an example of an old man afraid of his own shadow, Bloomberg, paying this 18 yr old pencil neck to do his bidding.

https://www.weaselzippers.us/386486-gun-grabber-michael-bloomberg-gives-david-hogg-a-big-check/

The "old men" I know have fought for freedom & will continue to fight for freedom, The 2nd Amendment, & the Constitution, they show no fear....

Edited by AuEagle
  • Like 1