Thought of the Day

4 hours ago, tacops said:

I wish my bank account filled up as fast as the laundry hamper and trash can. 

I think it works in an opposite fashion. As I drive in to work in the mornings, I notice the brokest folks in my community seem to have the most garbage piled at the end of the driveway. I think there may be a correlation.

9 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I think it works in an opposite fashion. As I drive in to work in the mornings, I notice the brokest folks in my community seem to have the most garbage piled at the end of the driveway. I think there may be a correlation.

And at least 3 broken down vehicles in the yard. Bonus points if you have a school bus that hasn't started in 20 years. 

12 hours ago, Erik88 said:

And at least 3 broken down vehicles in the yard. Bonus points if you have a school bus that hasn't started in 20 years. 

If you'll watch on the day the garbage man comes, some people will have two or three bags of trash set out for him, while others will have a dumpster full on a weekly basis. I don't know how or why they buy all that crap.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

If you'll watch on the day the garbage man comes, some people will have two or three bags of trash set out for him, while others will have a dumpster full on a weekly basis. I don't know how or why they buy all that crap.

In the town I live in we have city pick up and you take your city supplied trash can to the street and a truck comes by and empties it. This is a 1 man operation. The truck is designed with a hydralic unit with arms that grab the can, dump it in the truck and places the can back where it picked it up from. What makes me laugh are these people that will take the can down and then take 2 or 3 more trash bags full and put them next to the can. I'm not sure if they have ever seen the trash truck in operation but I do know the truck is equipt to empty cans and not pick up bags cause I have watched it work. I have seen the driver get out of the truck a couple times but not to pick up bags. He will get out of the truck to leave you an ugly note telling you not to put your cans to close together and leave 4 feet between them. I got one once but it was not my fault, we have 3 units and 3 cans and I took my can down and my neighbors took theirs down and they put their cans to close to mine but I got the note left in the lid of my can. I went to get my can and read the note and put it in the can next to mine so they would get the message.

Well it didn't work cause next week they did it again. I took mine down and they took theirs down and again the put them close to my can. I went down and moved my can 4 feet from the other 2 and the following day they both got ugly notes and my can was the only one that got emptied. This was an issue because the cans were full and would be no place for them to put their trash. At the time I had a pick up truck and  decided it was time to become neighborly and went over and introduced my self. I had only been here a month at the time. I told them to just put their trash in bags and put them by their back door and I would get them. So on Trash day I made sure all of the cans were 4 feet apart  and as he emptied a can I would fill it with bags again and the driver was nice enough to wait and empty all the cans and get the bags. From that time on I took all cans down the night before trash day. I had a buddy build me a can toter that could hook two cans at a time and take them to the street that fits in my trailer hitch receiver. Now I use my Jeep. It's about 100 feet from house to street and I have been taking the cans down for almost 18 years.  

• Like 1