Homeowner shoots/kills two intruders

2 hours ago, QuackerSmacker said:

Swift Justice.  Immense savings of tax dollars.  And a great showing of the viability of an AK-47 so-called "assault rifle" against two guns.

I didn't see AK-47 listed anywhere in that article. Did you find that somewhere else?

NVM, found it in the other article. AK for the win!

https://www.fox13memphis.com/top-stories/homeowner-speaks-out-after-he-shoots-kills-two-burglary-suspects-inside-home/761697181#

Edited by Erik88

The first news story had the home owner guilty of murder because they did not explain that the bad guys were on the porch shooting into the house like the second one did which gives him every right shoot the bad guys till his magazine is empty. The first story just said the bad guys had left the house which would have indicated the threat being over. Thats how easy wrong wording or not enough story can get someone in hot water quick but I am glad it came out for another good guy 2 bad guys 0

• Moderators
5 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

It must have been in a bad part of town.................oh wait, never mind :cool:

This was actually just a couple blocks away from my in-laws, right next to the high school my wife graduated from. 

52 minutes ago, Gotthegoods said:

Despite the rep of Memphis, it is a major metropolitan city.

There are areas of Knoxville I don't drive through, day or night, armed or otherwise.

Wow, I'm still stuck in ILLannoy for a few more torturous months, but I had no idea Knoxville had areas that fearsome.  Chicago, sure.  We have bonafide war zones. But Knoxville?  Yikes.

1 hour ago, Gotthegoods said:

Despite the rep of Memphis, it is a major metropolitan city.

There are areas of Knoxville I don't drive through, day or night, armed or otherwise.

I did not know Knoxville was getting bad. I've been through Chattanooga trying to dodge traffic and wished I had not turned down a few roads before. 

It's not a warzone, but visit areas of high public housing and don't be caught unprepared.

The 81 - 40 - 75 corridor makes Knoxville / Chattanooga high on the list for drug trafficking. Safe to assume that the gang activity and drug sales siphon off into our communities.

10 hours ago, XxthejuicexX said:

I did not know Knoxville was getting bad. I've been through Chattanooga trying to dodge traffic and wished I had not turned down a few roads before. 

I don't think it's that bad. Knoxville was way worse in the early 90's. But he's right, there are parts of the town you would want to avoid. Last year Knox News published an interactive map that showed all the murders for 2017. Nearly all were confined to one part of town. I think this applies to any medium to big city though. It's kinda sad that nearly every MLK blvd in any US City is going to be an area that you want to lock your doors. 

Edited by Erik88
  • Like 1

I think this will be an issue for him:

"The suspects allegedly began shooting when the man’s friend ran outside. When the suspects dashed out of the house, the homeowner grabbed his gun and began firing."

EDIT: I realize he's not being charged, but civilly? 

Edited by SWJewellTN
1 minute ago, SWJewellTN said:

I think this will be an issue for him:

"The suspects allegedly began shooting when the man’s friend ran outside. When the suspects dashed out of the house, the homeowner grabbed his gun and began firing."

Nah, the suspect was said to of turned and aimed two guns at the home owner.  If the shots hit in the front, no issue, if in the back then maybe, but doubtful.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I don't think it's that bad. Knoxville was way worse in the early 90's. But he's right, there are parts of the town you would want to avoid. Last year Knox News published an interactive map that showed all the murders for 2017. Nearly all were confined to one part of town. I think this applies to any medium to big city though. It's kinda sad that nearly every MLK blvd in any US City is going to be an area that you want to lock your doors. 

Murderers, and violent crime in general, are concentrated in very small areas in this country. 54% of counties have zero murders and 51% of the murders in this country occur in just 2% of the counties. 

https://crimeresearch.org/2017/04/number-murders-county-54-us-counties-2014-zero-murders-69-1-murder/

Edited by Chucktshoes
40 minutes ago, xsubsailor said:

Nowhere near Chicago standards, but they're trying. 

9 shot, 4 killed during weekend in Memphis

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/news/2018/06/03/9-shot-4-killed-during-weekend-memphis-violence/667241002/

We sure have our fair share here in wonderful Crook County ILLannoy!  1000 YTD, and counting!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-weekend-violence-roundup-20180604-story.html