Recommend a good tv for air broadcast signals

Need a 32 to 40 inch tv that has a proven digital tuner/receiver for terrestrial broadcast reception.  

The situation is we have property and a hunting cabin in Wayne Co which is closer to Huntsville than Nashville.  I put up what was regarded as a good long range antenna (this one:https://www.ebay.com/itm/ClearStream-4-Indoor-Outdoor-HDTV-Antenna-70-Mile-Range-/202043714380?hash=item2f0abe6b4c )

The older Element cheapo I had down there to watch videos and DVDs never pulled in one signal and finally succumbed to the wild swing in temps my last trip down there.

If I find a brand that matches up and pulls in Huntsville or Jackson, just a few stations, I may get a bigger one of the same brand and cut the cord at home finally.

I know someone out there lives more than 50 miles from a transmitter and has had to deal with this issue.  Also any info on inline amps, if they are worth it, would be nice.

Forget the indoor.outdoor type antennas, put up a directional array antenna, with tower, rotor and booster, much like we did in the old days.  It's going to cost a lot more and be a lot more work to install, but then, as now, height, the ability to rotate, and large array antennas are your friends with tv reception ...

I'm up 60 feet now (4 15' poles) with the 70+ mile dual array.  I'm higher than we were back in the analog days when we could bring in channels 4 and 5 from Nashville and the Jackson TN station.   I'm hoping it was the cheapo tv with a crap tuner that did not allow reception.  Plus things will get better when the leaves come off in the fall.  I haven't bought a tv in years so don't know if any are better for air broadcast than others.  

It's probaby a combination of terrain and your antenna system rather than the TV. All the Huntsville TV towers are on Monte Sano Mountain. Lots of rough terrain down there. I consolidated all the iHeart Stations in that market years ago and am real familiar with the radio signals around there.

PM me the coordinates from google earth and I can maybe give you some help.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 2

Agree with Mike, tv tuners, even digital, is an old enough technology that they're all pretty much the same now. There are online tools that can help you determine what signals you're likely to receive with different antenna systems, you can plug and play your system and see what, if any modifications are needed.

What about a portable dish antenna like used in RV's?  Dish Network has a pay as you go plan for about $35.00 a month.  More channel options and no fuss with a a tall antenna array.

Edited by MP5_Rizzo