HOLD'M TAR HEELS! HOLD'M!

We Tar Heels are under attack! We have been infiltrated by Moral Busy Bodies! We are digging in our heels but I thought you Ridge Runners should know what's going on, on your right flank. The House Rep from Hippie Hill and the Bull City have joined up. They have introduced a bill that will restrict handguns like New Jersey or Maryland. This is from North Carolina Gun Owners.

Verla Insko is from Chapel Hill and introduces a "Common Sense" gun law every year. Now she has Ms. Morey from Durham to play with. These two foaming at the mouth moral busybodies are perfectly willing to sell our rights while they live safely in their gated communities.  I have been keeping an eye on Ms. Insko for a few years now and until now she has just been a harmless busy body but she is starting to show her fangs so beware! You can thank the good people of Chapel Hill for this insult to liberty. 

C.S. Lewis warned us about these moral busybodies in the following quote:

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be “cured” against one’s will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals."

The article below is from the Daily Tar Heel. Ms. Insko's babbling is in red.

Insko said she signed the bill because of N.C. House Bill 588 — which she believes makes guns and ammunition more available to citizens in North Carolina.
We don’t have to have people armed to fight a war by themselves,” she said.
There is more than one gun per person in the United States, making it the most heavily armed nation in the world, Insko said.
The ‘stand your ground’ law is not needed,” she said.
Insko said this first revision of the bill will repeal the “stand your ground” laws, which permit the use of deadly force if you are presumed to be in danger when someone enters your house, vehicle or workplace uninvited.
That’s giving an individual the right to be the judge, jury and executioner all at once,” she said.
When there are professionals who are trained in crowd control and know when or when not to use deadly force, Insko said citizens do not need to protect themselves.
Most of the people breaking and entering don’t do damage and harm anybody,” she said.
N.C. Rep. Larry Pittman, R-Cabarrus, said in an email the bill would limit self-defense to inside one’s home.

“Currently, it is recognized that citizens have a right to defend themselves outside the home, as well,” Pittman said.
Pittman said he thinks House Bill 723 violates the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.
“If it were to pass, what it would mean for the State is the reduction of freedom for our law-abiding citizens,” he said in the email.
Pittman said the bill presents an unjust requirement for legal gun owners.
“I am adamantly opposed to this or any legislation that makes our law-abiding citizens more vulnerable to attack,” Pittman said.
Current law already provides restrictions and limitations on those who possess of firearms should only be restricted in limited situations as current law provides, he said.
“Every honest citizen has a God-given right to self-defense, wherever they may be,” Pittman said.
Paul Valone, president of gun rights organization Grass Roots North Carolina, said the N.C. House continues to introduce similar bills to keep their constituents happy — when it knows they will never get to a committee hearing.
“(We) shouldn’t be wasting time on it because the bill is dead on arrival,” Valone said.
Valone said while “stand your ground” laws are necessary, the “Castle Doctrine” is key.
“The (“Castle Doctrine”) creates a rebuttable legal presumption that if somebody forcibly and unlawfully enters your home, your motor vehicle or your workplace, then you are presumed to have a reasonable fear of eminent death or great bodily harm,” Valone said.
He said he thinks the new bill is no more effective than current law, which already restricts the contexts under which an individual can use force to defend themselves. And Valone said the motivation for the bill is wrong.
“(Verla Insko is) utterly wrong and demonstrating the ignorance that gun control advocates generally profess,” he said.
Current law was crafted to add protections and allow for judicial discretion, he said.
“The idea that someone is going to be wrongfully killed is absurd,” he said.

I contacted Verla Insko and very respectably asked her if the Daily Tarheel had misquoted her. She kindly replied that they had not and she meant everything she said. When you e-mail these people, don't be ugly. Be respectful and state your point and thank them for their time.

Edited by Will Carry
  • Thanks 1

Will Carry:

Is there a site like tngunowners.com but for NC ?  And if so, can you post it?

ADMINS:

Is there some something that this site can do, as fellow gun owners and gun advocates, to assist our neighbors? I will speak for myself, here and now, that once Will give me the information, I will be writing a check to his organization to help them out, and sharpening up some quarterdeck language for these two busybodies to chew on in NC. Nor will I be remiss in addressing the folks here in TN, so as to wake them against the possible spreading of this rubbish. (Davidson County already has their warning in the shape of their new mayor.)

SWC

Edited by SWCUMBERLAND
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, SWCUMBERLAND said:

Will Carry:

Is there a site like tngunowners.com but for NC ?  And if so, can you post it?

ADMINS:

Is there some something that this site can do, as fellow gun owners and gun advocates, to assist our neighbors? I will speak for myself, here and now, that once Will give me the information, I will be writing a check to his organization to help them out, and sharpening up some quarterdeck language for these two busybodies to chew on in NC. Nor will I be remiss in addressing the folks here in TN, so as to wake them against the possible spreading of this rubbish. (Davidson County already has their warning in the shape of their new mayor.)

SWC

I think that you answered your second question with your first question.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, SWCUMBERLAND said:

OK, OK... should have seen that coming.

Sir Founder, I am not certain of your meaning. I would be pleased if you would elaborate.

Our community's name, Tennessee Gun Owners, gives a hint to our mission.  I would rather let other states deal with their own issues.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Our community's name, Tennessee Gun Owners, gives a hint to our mission.  I would rather let other states deal with their own issues.

Very well, sir.  I still will be dropping a check on NCGO  should they ask, I will still be addressing the Insko creature via email, and the entire of the TN legislature via email as well.

I do urge reconsideration of your stance, though.

SWC

1 minute ago, SWCUMBERLAND said:

Very well, sir.  I still will be dropping a check on NCGO  should they ask, I will still be addressing the Insko creature via email, and the entire of the TN legislature via email as well.

SWC

From what I read above, that Insko creature is a lost cause. Might as well go out back and talk to your favorite tree.

If you want to help North Carolina fight people like Verla Insko, who is a long-time and well-known enemy of freedom, donate to Grass Roots North Carolina, which is one of the nation's most active state-level RKBA organizations.  I've been a member for years.  Probably time to renew my membership, even though I now live in TN.

Cheers,

Whisper

• Administrator
14 hours ago, SWCUMBERLAND said:

SWC

Look, there's nothing wrong with you supporting the cause in other states.  I think that's commendable.  There's no reason for me to reconsider my stance as far as Tennessee Gun Owners is concerned, however. 

TGO represents a small fraction of the overall number of gun owners in our own state.  If there is a place for us to become more active in helping preserve and advance the cause of the Second Amendment, it is right here at home.

Like I said previously, I would prefer to let other states worry about their own issues.  We have enough battles to fight in Tennessee.

15 hours ago, TGO David said:

Look, there's nothing wrong with you supporting the cause in other states.  I think that's commendable.  There's no reason for me to reconsider my stance as far as Tennessee Gun Owners is concerned, however. 

TGO represents a small fraction of the overall number of gun owners in our own state.  If there is a place for us to become more active in helping preserve and advance the cause of the Second Amendment, it is right here at home.

Like I said previously, I would prefer to let other states worry about their own issues.  We have enough battles to fight in Tennessee.

Cohen and Cooper, yes. And whatever individual(s)  who  want to enpurple the US Senate delegation. to say nothing of the Music City mayoral menace.