Font Size Changed?

2 minutes ago, Hozzie said:

Hit CTRL + on your computer to increase the page size.  It will increase for all pages though if that is an issue.  Use CTRL - to go smaller in size.

Already knew that trick. We would rather bitch and moan :) 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

Yep, If it gets any smaller I won't be able to read it. I had catarac surgery planned in February and the Heart Attack, surgery and blood thinners has put all of that on hold indefinately. 

You know you can adjust the font on most phones and PC's to your liking right?

9 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

You know you can adjust the font on most phones and PC's to your liking right?

Well I know how to enlarge the whole page like mentioned above. You can also do it my holding ctrl and rolling mouse wheel but I was just wanting to enlarge fonts and not whole page.  By doing that it enlarges some pages to far on other sites.

• Administrator

Yes, IPB reverted to using the system font size which is determined by YOUR individual computer.

I'm probably going to make a larger font version of the TGO theme so that some of you can switch to using it rather than making the font inside of your individual posts larger like @bersaguy.  What y'all probably don't realize is that when you do that, it makes the font huge for everyone else -- including those of us who prefer smaller fonts.

• Like 1
  • Administrator

OK, so I made the default font very slightly larger and I set up an option for those of you who need a bigger font.   If that latter part describes you, scroll to the bottom of the screen and find where it says Theme followed by Privacy Policy.

Click Theme.

2018-06-13_7-33-33.jpg

Then choose the theme called "TGO Larger Font".

2018-06-13_7-33-47.jpg

Hopefully that font is larger enough that it works for you.  If not, let me know and I will increase it slightly.   I would rather work on this than have a bunch of inconsistent font sizes in posts.

• Administrator
On 6/7/2018 at 12:11 PM, bersaguy said:

A couple notches would not hurt my feelings!!!  say to 12 or 14 would be nice.

^^^ This practice of using larger font sizes in individual posts is what I want to try to avoid.  Help me help you, so that we can stop this.

It's not been a terribly big deal to me but some folks have complained in the past and I've just simply told them to get over themselves and find something else to worry with.  :)

2 hours ago, TGO David said:

Yes, IPB reverted to using the system font size which is determined by YOUR individual computer.

I'm probably going to make a larger font version of the TGO theme so that some of you can switch to using it rather than making the font inside of your individual posts larger like @bersaguy.  What y'all probably don't realize is that when you do that, it makes the font huge for everyone else -- including those of us who prefer smaller fonts.

I'm sorry for making things hard on folks. I know when I joined the site back however many years it is OS mentioned I was yelling and I explained to folks that I had to do that until I could get my eyes fixed and that was the last I ever heard from anyone about it. Well I have tried 4 different times to get my eyes repaired over the years and some other health issue would pop up preventing me from getting it done. I had plans for this past February but I think most folks know I had a heart attack and triple By Pass surgery in January and shot any hopes for February eye fix. I went back to the Eye Surgeon and he informed me that right now being on blood thinners while I'm recovering from the heart issue and he cannot do his surgery while I am on them. So I am in a catch 22 situation. I will refrain from using the larger bold print when making posts and sorry I have been a problem to folks with my posting style.

• Administrator
55 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I'm sorry for making things hard on folks. I know when I joined the site back however many years it is OS mentioned I was yelling and I explained to folks that I had to do that until I could get my eyes fixed and that was the last I ever heard from anyone about it. Well I have tried 4 different times to get my eyes repaired over the years and some other health issue would pop up preventing me from getting it done. I had plans for this past February but I think most folks know I had a heart attack and triple By Pass surgery in January and shot any hopes for February eye fix. I went back to the Eye Surgeon and he informed me that right now being on blood thinners while I'm recovering from the heart issue and he cannot do his surgery while I am on them. So I am in a catch 22 situation. I will refrain from using the larger bold print when making posts and sorry I have been a problem to folks with my posting style.

It's not really a big problem, Doug.  I think some folks just live to complain.

Have you tried the new Theme that I set up for larger font?  Does it help you?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TGO David said:

It's not really a big problem, Doug.  I think some folks just live to complain.

Have you tried the new Theme that I set up for larger font?  Does it help you?

Yes I am using it right now and it is a big help. Thank you very much as it will help me till I can get my eye work done.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

Yes I am using it right now and it is a big help. Thank you very much as it will help me till I can get my eye work done.

I can maybe go a little larger with that font if need be.  Does it need any tweaking?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TGO David said:

I can maybe go a little larger with that font if need be.  Does it need any tweaking?

At the present time this works for me. If my eyes get worse I may need more help but right now this is great!!

• Like 2
  • Administrator
40 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

At the present time this works for me. If my eyes get worse I may need more help but right now this is great!!

If your eyes get worse, Doug, I'm going to need to know which days you're at the shooting range so that I can be elsewhere.  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 5