quiz question!!

That is what bothers me about that little fat guy in NK. Since we know how he treats his own people you know he has no respect for anyone else so him having Nukes is definately a concern.....................JMHO

I don't think Kim is crazy. I think it served him well to convince our dickless leader (Obama) that he was crazy. If he plays ball with us, it will be because Trump offers him a deal that's better than his current crazy dictator deal. 

Trump made it clear... If you point that nuke at me, I'm gonna kill you. In the meantime, I'm gonna starve you half to death. Obama never had the nads to confront him. 

I'm just not all that worried about Kim. Trump is offering to make his life better, and only has to throw him a few bones to do it.

• Like 4

Nobody in the White House has had the stones to deal with him or his dad. That crazy train goes way back. He has made and broken so many promises to do many presidents and administrations it is hard to believe they just kept on doing the same thing. Trump for all his failings is the first one to stand up and laugh and point and state, nope, no more. 

I guess crazy knows crazy. 

I'm just guessing at Raoul's meaning, but the current situation provides a nice steady, albeit small in the big picture, flow of arms and materiel to the South in the forms of both direct US troops and selling them our stuff. That means money in the pockets of certain people who pay a sizeable chunk of it to political war chests. The current stalemate also gives us a pretty good excuse to keep troops deployed on China's doorstep.

There's also the short-term pain of reunification. Germany felt it in the 90s when the west had to pay to bring the east forward almost a half-century in infrastructure and education. That hurt the German economy for several years. The south would have to do the same for the north and would feel that economic strain. We do a lot of trade with South Korea these days in technology and industrial products so it would hurt us a little too, but I'd expect that to be rather negligible given the size of our economy.

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 2

I'm guessing Trump will keep the troops there because it is a two fold factor. It detours N. Korea knowing they are there and it annoy's China having them so close. They have a lot to do with how Trump can play his hand with both countries............JMHO 

On 6/8/2018 at 4:37 AM, Raoul said:

US military presence in SK has been a thorn in China's arse since the 50's. Liken it to Cuba.

I actually see it as the opposite.  China has the true vested interest in keeping the the Korean peninsula divided.  They get a buffer state against a vibrant western economy from touching their borders, and a chance to watch us spend disproportional to the threat NK poses, all while they get to take notes on our tactics and capabilities.

If it's a real possibility of détente, I can't see them liking it, but it may be the preferable option to a war that all but forces their involvement in open conflict against us before we've spent ourselves out of superpower status in a few decades.

• Like 1