Murfreesboro gun show, June 16-17

Been a while since there's been a show in Murfreesboro.  Guess I'll go check this one out and see if I can do some trades with those Walthers that aren't selling over in the classifieds.  Anyone else going?

Cheers,

Whisper

Im going on Saturday too, I think.  I need to find one of those el cheapo nylon holsters with the magazine carrier in front to fit my P-365.  I use those for around the house off body carry, i.e. on my bedside or lamp tables...to both protect my gun and keep a extra mag handy as well, when im not carrying on person. The one im using now doesnt fit very well.

Edited by JAlexanderMSgt

I may wander over Saturday. I have the HK I might drag along and I am thinking of letting go of my Savage fcp in 338 lapua. Can't shoot as well as I used to and the T-Rex population is down here so no real need for it anymore. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, n0rlf said:

I may wander over Saturday. I have the HK I might drag along and I am thinking of letting go of my Savage fcp in 338 lapua. Can't shoot as well as I used to and the T-Rex population is down here so no real need for it anymore. 

Want to trade the 338 on a Savage LRP 6.5 Creedmoor?  You can shoot it better and it is a cartridge for small to medium sized dinosaurs.

1 hour ago, MikeW said:

Want to trade the 338 on a Savage LRP 6.5 Creedmoor?  You can shoot it better and it is a cartridge for small to medium sized dinosaurs.

Hmmmm  might be worth a look.  I will PM you

I was there today. Lots of tire kickers but I did not see a lot of buying. Son took his Savage 11 trophy in 243 and it only got a couple asked questions. My HK vp9 FDE slide model raised no real interest either. 

It was a nice show though. Aisles are a little narrow but the process were actually not too horrible. 

I agree. Didn't see much changing hands. I decided to leave the SL8 in the car.

I did come across one table with SL8 mags for $10 a piece. Is it bad that I bought mags for something I have debated on selling?  LOL

Verne

3 hours ago, Verne said:

I did come across one table with SL8 mags for $10 a piece. Is it bad that I bought mags for something I have debated on selling?  LOL

Verne

Never! I have done the same thing several times. You just can't have enough mags!

• Like 1

I have a number that I like to have for each of my auto-loaders, and I have pretty much stuck with it.  However...😏

In a few cases, I have really blown that out of control.  AR mags are probably my worst. 

I'd find great prices, ammo and mag combos, etc.; and have accumulated a number of them that is just outrageous. 

My Scorpion is another that sort of went askew. Have enough to do a bank robbery movie. lol

And of course 1911 mags. You just cannot have too many of those. If you only have 1 1911, then a dozen or so might do. But with so many different 1911 forms, you just have to have  an obsecene number of them. Keep'em in night stands, range bags, on shelf in the safe, and all the other places you might want to stash a spare(or 3).

• Like 1

I wanted to go, but was down in the back and had some sort of a bug! Felt like crap, so I figured I'd best not scatter it around. Hope it was a good one. I probably missed that Savage 24V-D in .22 Hornet/20Gauge I've been looking for! That may be a good thing though, as I still have my money in my pocket. Nah... I'd rather have the gun.

On 6/17/2018 at 8:48 PM, hipower said:

I have a number that I like to have for each of my auto-loaders, and I have pretty much stuck with it.  However...😏

In a few cases, I have really blown that out of control.  AR mags are probably my worst. 

I'd find great prices, ammo and mag combos, etc.; and have accumulated a number of them that is just outrageous. 

My Scorpion is another that sort of went askew. Have enough to do a bank robbery movie. lol

And of course 1911 mags. You just cannot have too many of those. If you only have 1 1911, then a dozen or so might do. But with so many different 1911 forms, you just have to have  an obsecene number of them. Keep'em in night stands, range bags, on shelf in the safe, and all the other places you might want to stash a spare(or 3).

Hipower,   I truly sympathize with you...You must feel rotten about that.  I suppose, even though I dont want to, I could come and haul off some of those AR mags for you.  Just to help you out, you know.  No need to thank me, I'm just a good guy looking to help a brother out!  🙂

5 hours ago, JAlexanderMSgt said:

Hipower,   I truly sympathize with you...You must feel rotten about that.  I suppose, even though I dont want to, I could come and haul off some of those AR mags for you.  Just to help you out, you know.  No need to thank me, I'm just a good guy looking to help a brother out!  🙂

LOL!! Sorry, but I think I'll just leave the pile where it is. I might load one or two sometime.

• Like 1