Sign in to follow this  
Omega

rifle M1 Garand TE Gauge

Anyone have a Throat Erosion Gauge for an M1 Garand I could use, borrow or rent?  I ordered the Muzzle Erosion Gauge as it will come in handy for any 30 Cal, but the TE Gauge is caliber specific and this is the only 30/06 I own.  I highly doubt I will need it beyond the initial check, I'm just trying to get the initial numbers to see where it stands right now.  If in Nashville or Clarksville area maybe we can get together and just check it on site this weekend. 

71kcD6DLUhL._SL1500_.jpg

I have one ... I can meet in the rivergate area if that helps ya. 

Thanks, I may take you up on it if nobody has one closer.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Six &Twenty
      Looking for a little 'baseline' info.

I am not 'new' to reloading, but something I thought would be a walk in the park now has me seeking advice.  I picked up a boat-load of German (MEN) 7.62 which has proven reliable in my FAL.  I've been chasing the brass around for a while now and figured I'd re-load some.  Got another deal on Hornady 155 gn BTHP from Midway, and I was enthusiastic about this particular bullet as it has a cannalure exactly where it should be and these are destined for the FAL, a good solid crimp seems prudent... and it was really inexpensive.  Looked up some load data for 155 gr bullets to select a powder and settled on Hodgdon BL-C (2). Hodgdon data recommends a 45 gr starting load with a maximum of 48 gr.

Now it gets interesting.  Brass was de-capped full length re-sized using a Lee .308 Winchester die, and tumbled for a day. MEN does not appear to stake in primers so I did not need to mess with primer pockets.  I seated Winchester WLR Standard Large Rifle primers.  I dropped my first charge in the case (45 gr) and it was REALLY close to the neck.  Puzzled, I threw a 48 gr charge and put this in a second case.  This was well into the neck of the case... there is no way this is gonna work! I checked calibration on my digital scale and it's perfect.   I did a little looking around on the internet and discovered that 7.62 brass is 'typically' thicker and may have a heaver 'web' than .308.  I have not attempted to do a case volume measurement, I've never messed with this before. 

I am assuming (and you know what that means) the MEN cases are markedly smaller internally than the Winchester brass used to produce the Hodgdon data.  From what I am 'observing, it looks to me like 45 grs is going to be about max without compressing, and there is no way I want to start compressing a ball powder!  With bullet at the cannalure, LOA will be exactly 2.80 inches.

So the question here, is how far back should I go to select a 'starting' charge.  My gut is telling me maybe 42 gr, and work up in half grs from there.

Any thoughts??

• By Cruel Hand Luke
      SUAREZ INTERNATIONAL
      RGF-2: RIFLE GUNFIGHTING II
      APRIL 28-29 , 2018
      CHATTANOOGA, TENNESSEE
      PRICE : $350
      INSTRUCTOR: RANDY HARRIS
      INSTRUCTOR BIO
      Rifle confrontations worldwide rarely exceed 25 yards. Rather than a long range marksman's weapon, our research shows the rifle will most likely be used just outside the reach of more conventional weapons, as well as within these closer intervals of confrontation.
      This course will take the student quickly through the basics and impart the techniques necessary to deploy the Tactical Rifle, Civilian Carbine, or Submachine gun in a close interval emergency.This course is highly recommended for civilian defenders, military personnel, or police operators (we make no distinction in the material presented).
      CLASS AND RANGE DETAILS
      DURATION: 2 days TIME: 9:00AM to 5:00PM CST AMMUNITION: Approximately 500 rounds (Minimum) and 50 rounds of pistol ammunition. RANGE & GEAR REQUIREMENTS: Rifle (any action or caliber suitable for use within 50 yards), all weapons must be equipped with a sling, also bring a pistol with at least (2) magazines, a belt, holster, magazine pouches, rifle ammo pouches, and ear & eye protection (knee and elbow pads are strongly suggested).
      Also Helpful
      Bring spare clothing appropriate for the weather, including a hat, sunscreen, and bug repellent. Plan to bring lunch, snacks, and water (min 1 gallon per person) for the entire day unless driving to lunch is a viable option from the range location. Bring allergy medication (if needed), a chair (if you prefer), note taking supplies, and a boo boo kit (band aids, gauze pads, antiseptic wipes, antibiotic ointment and tape). You may wish to bring pads such as knee pads, elbow pads, and gloves if the class lends itself to that.

For more info and to register....https://suarezinternational.com/rgf-2-rifle-gunfighting-ii-march-31-april-1-2018-chattanooga-tn/
    • By Cruel Hand Luke
      Real World Rifle Skills - Combative use of the rifle   Date Saturday Dec 2,  2017 Instructor : Randy Harris (https://suarezinternational.com/randy-harris/ ) Location:The Ridge in Dayton TN (http://www.theridgeshooting.com/index.html) Price $150  Cash or Check ($50 Deposit holds your spot )  Time : 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM    This class is a 1 day immersion level class that will work to bring your rifle handling and shooting skills up to speed . Whether you are looking to use the rifle for home defense, Police patrol, Military, or 3 Gun Competition, this class will improve your shooting and gun handling skills. With just a small amount of lecture time we will spend the majority of the day on the range honing skills with both dry fire drills and live fire. While there is no prerequisite for this class, students need to have a SOLID grasp of the fundamentals of firearm safety and be familiar enough with their rifle to safely load , fire ,and unload it.     What to bring? Modern magazine fed semi auto rifle or pistol caliber carbine.  Pistol.  Ammo: Rifle 250 rds   Pistol 50 rds Eye and Ear Protection and any other gear you want to bring like knee pads.      Ancillary gear: Belt and holster and mag pouch for pistol , sling for rifle,  at least 3 rifle mags, at least  2 pistol mags (or speed loaders if you use a revolver), and a way to carry your rifle mags. This can be in your pockets, in belt mounted mag pouches, in a bag of some type or in a chest rig.       Some stuff we will cover.... SAFETY Combative use of the rifle (context of combative use vs competitive use) RULE #1 - Don't get shot! (use of cover and movement to keep from getting shot)  Position Shooting to conform to available cover. Marksmanship - Quickly hit what you aim at whether standing, kneeling, prone or moving Use of APPROPRIATE sighting methods for the distances involved Clear malfunctions QUICKLY  Keep it loaded (Both reactive and proactive reloads and why and when to use them) Transition from Rifle to Pistol  (When , Why and How) Practical application of the skills we learned   For address to send deposit or for more info PM me here at TN Gunowners or email me at cruelhandluke2000@yahoo.com .    

The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.
TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.
Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines