Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, jjustice322 said:

Can anyone recommend a lawyer in the Knoxville area to help me set up a NFA trust? Thanks

He's not in Knoxville but I suspect you could do a phone consultation with John Wells here in Nashville and he could take care of you across the Internet / by mail.

John is extremely knowledgeable on this subject.

@John Wells

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • By Esko 270
      Would you turn yours in if they had not been stolen or lost in a boating accident?
    • By GlockSpock
      Received an email from GOA regarding Jeremy and Kansas. Long story short, he purchased a suppressor from an unlicensed manufacturer. Why? Kansas has a law stating that all firearms, accessories and ammo manufactured and possessed inside the state are exempt from federal law.
      GOA and several AG from other states are backing the appeals.
      I guess if the Supreme Court actually makes a ruling, this will affect us and the country for years to come.
      In wake of the recent shooting suppressors are already a hot topic, but theoretically if you took all the legal, taxed suppressors and developed a crime rate, I imagine it would be inexplicably low.
    • By taos
      I did a search before posting, but none of the topics presented quite matched up with my situation.
      My dad passed away a few months ago and we're trying to get his affairs wrapped up with as little drama as possible.  When he passed away, he had a few NFA items. I know that we can use form 5 to transfer the items to a lawful heir. The thing is after speaking with an attorney on just the estate in general,  she said it really wasn't worth going through probate to deal with settling debts and dispersing what's left over. Which I'm fine with. But that means we don't technically have an executor for the will. 
      Is it possible to fill out  form 5 and have my mom (as the surviving spouse serve as "executor / personal representative") either transfer them to herself or transfer them to me?  Or are we going to have to open probate just to deal with these items?

The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines