One of my favorites.........

I don't get to post too much here, being an old sixgunner.  I bought my first handguns when, living in Tennessee, I had to go to Arkansas or Mississippi to buy a handgun.  Or, I could order it my mail.  Times change.

Here is one of my favorites, a .45 Colt Ruger with elk stag grips by Patrick Grashorn:

100_0479_zps1r95u05l.jpg

It has, at times, been my constant companion, along with this one:

100_8380_zpsclggvgao.jpg

Bob Wright

• Like 9

You have very good taste, Bob. Very good taste. And one of my favorite things about both of those is the fact that I can see that turn ring. Meaning those are guns that are meant to be used and not just looked at. My complements on the photography too.

I have always thought the Single action 6 was one of the greatest guns of all times and I still feel that way roday. I don't have a high end single 6 but I do have a plinker Rough rider 22lr Single 6 that I still enjoy shooting. Not  a great gun but mine is very accurate and a pleasure to shoot.

I love this guy Bob... These old Blackhawk 45 Colts are, i think, "The Best of the Best"... I have burned powder by the pound thru a brother to this one (...A "Made in the Two Hundredth Year" beastie...) and carried him a many a mile... They are my all time favorite Ruger single action, and that's a pretty tall bar...

Thanks for sharing this great photo of a truly great pistola..! This is what colt should have built Brother...

admirin leroy...