Memory Teaser test

I thought it might be cool to start a thread for everyone to test their memory by answering a question.

Can you remember the first gun you ever owned? New, Used, Hand me down, family heirloom or what ever but it had to be your gun. No toy guns allowed.  Mine was a J.C Higgings 4.10 single shot bolt action and I got it for Christmas. Parents got it at Sears-Roebuck.

Edited by bersaguy
2 hours ago, bersaguy said:

I thought it might be cool to start a thread for everyone to test their memory by answering a question.

Can you remember the first gun you ever owned? New, Used, Hand me down, family heirloom or what ever but it had to be your gun. No toy guns allowed.  Mine was a J.C Higgings 4.10 single shot bolt action and I got it for Christmas. Parents got it at Sears-Roebuck.

My father in law passed his first gun to my daughter, a JC Higgins .410 bolt action. It is actually a Stevens. I need to get a magazine for it.

• Like 1

H&R Youth 20 ga. single shot, purchased at Kmart in Oak Ridge when was 10.  It was stolen from our home along with 12 other long guns.  Some years later I got a phone call from the Anderson County SO informing me that they had recovered it.  It was the only gun that we ever got back.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

Ithaca M66 20 gauge single shot. Looked just like this...

wm_327725.jpg

I  had 1 of those when I was 12 and it was a 12 gauge and got it for Christmas. Had to send it back and they replaced it cause the frame cracked on both sides in front of trigger guard. It was a metal alloy of some type but new one they send me was steel.

32 minutes ago, BrasilNuts said:

H&R Youth 20 ga. single shot, purchased at Kmart in Oak Ridge when was 10.  It was stolen from our home along with 12 other long guns.  Some years later I got a phone call from the Anderson County SO informing me that they had recovered it.  It was the only gun that we ever got back.

Glad you got it back. In 1988 our home was burglarized and they got 10 Long guns and 8 hand guns and I have never got any of mine back and don't expect to after this long.

10 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I  had 1 of those when I was 12 and it was a 12 gauge and got it for Christmas. Had to send it back and they replaced it cause the frame cracked on both sides in front of trigger guard. It was a metal alloy of some type but new one they send me was steel.

Yep. Mine had an aluminum (I think) receiver, but never cracked. Also had a 3" chamber. I never met a gun that needed a recoil pad more than that thing. It would hammer you, even with 2 3/4" shells.

My Dad gave me one of his guns when I was around 10 or so, still have it.

Winchester - 67 .22 Cal S/L/LR - No SN 1934-35 is my best guess

I get it out every year or so and run a half a box or so through it. I used it to re-shoot duds till I picked up a Beretta Bobcat with the flip up barrel and now I usually grab that when I get enough duds to use up.

I have the first new shotgun my Dad ever bought hanging in the living room over one of the doors. J. Stevens Arms Co. - No SN - 20gauge - Model 237 - 1934-39

He had a stroke before he gave it to me and couldn't remember for sure what year he bough it but the time frame would have put him 10 to 15 years old.

Just thought I should add the first gun I ever bought new, the rest before that were gifts, is a Hi-Standard Dura-Matic M-101 semi pistol - 1969. Still have it and try to get it out at least once a year. I had to put a reproduction grip on it a few years ago, it cracked the first year I had it and I glued it, but now a fellow makes reproduction every so often and when he sells out they are unavailable till he thinks he can sell another batch. Took me a couple of years to catch them in stock.

13 minutes ago, DWARREN123 said:

.22lr single shot bolt action from Western Auto. I believe it was made by Savage for Western Auto.

When I was a kid, my next door neighbor had one of those. He would let me use it, and gave me all the ammo I could consume to keep birds out of his cherry tree. i'm sure we violated some laws, but the cherries survived. 

FIE Titan .25 ACP mouse gun, of Tanfoglio design.  Bought it in Kansas City at K-Mart during summer of 1970, right after HS graduation.   I think I paid $60.00.  It has always fired fine. I might have 100 rounds through it.  And it's probably not even worth selling today, but maybe breakeven in a FTF sale.  Maybe!