2018 Trail Camera Pictures

I know I'm not the only one watching cameras already. Some people don't even put them out till July or August but I run them year round. What are y'all that have them out been seeing? I'll try to remember to keep posting as I get enough to make a short video. I put together a short one and uploaded it today. I'm trying to learn the editing process and it's not fast for me since I'm not too tech savvy and it takes me a minute. I've honestly been watching tons of YouTube videos to learn. I'm using editing software called Shotcut. I still have a ton left to learn to look fancy like all the people I love following on YouTube, but I'm trying. Anyway, here's the short video of some of this weeks footage. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, KahrMan said:

Nice

Thanks KahrMan. I have only seen one that looked like he was going to be shooter so far. I'm hoping it's the big 8 from last year but not sure. I've seen other people's trail cam pics on Facebook hunting pages and some of those suckers have tons of bone already!

Edited by rugerla1

Watched doe eat off the redbud tree in my back yard yesterday. Does that count? Lol I have seen dawn's and does here before, but never mature bucks.

Is that a salt block you are watching?

Edited by Ronald_55
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

Watched doe eat off the redbud tree in my back yard yesterday. Does that count? Lol I have seen dawn's and does here before, but never mature bucks.

Is that a salt block you are watching?

Yes, I have a white salt block in front of my other camera and this one is a Redmond Rock (trophy rock). They have been hitting them hard for  several months!

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up another camera this week. Academy had their Browning Command Ops cameras marked down from $119 to $89. I have been running Browning Strikeforce HD's for years and love them so I'm sure this will be a good camera as well.

My son can't keep trail cams. Poachers keep taking them. The game wardens did catch one bunch last year but he and my grandson have another bunch that just stole 3 cameras that were less than 2 weeks old. They are now working on figuring out how he to hide trail cams to protect their trail cams.

This is from last week. I'll check the cameras again tomorrow or Sunday. I'm excited to see how the new Command Ops camera worked. I put it on a trail that splits the property I hunt on. I planted some of that throw n grow food plot on it a couple weeks ago. I'll be able to watch deer on the trail and document food plot growth at the same time. 

• Like 2

This video is a little long (5ish minutes) but I had quite a few things I was very happy to see. The deer are obviously still hitting salt hard but also already eating my throw n grow food plot that I only planted 2 weeks ago. I'm pretty dang excited to see it work since I was hesitant about it working that easy. Also the first fawns of the year appeared on camera. They're not newborns so they've been around just not in front of my cameras. I haven't seen any of the big bucks yet but I'm enjoying everything I see. One thing I haven't seen is many turkey or raccoons. But since I'm not putting out corn like I usually do, that's probably why. Anyway, here it is, enjoy!

• Like 1

Man it was a great week to check cameras! Check it out and hope y'all are getting some good pictures as well. A little over a month and I'll be up in a lock on hoping a velvet monster strolls through. I hung another Millennium m100u this morning and have a Hawk Helium XL stand on the way for the backside of the property. 

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, KahrMan said:

You have some nice bucks.  That first 8 point sure is nice.  Don't know if I could pass him up but he would be a monster next year.

First time seeing them this year but I think that 8 may be one I let walk last year before his left side fell off. If it is, I'm sure glad I passed on him. I was after a big 8 last year but I don't think he's shown up yet because he was ridiculously tall, just needed more width. As hard as it was passing everything last year, I think it was well worth the agony lol.

• Like 1

Good looking deer you have there.

Came out to see this in my back yard the other day. Rare to see deer on my acre. I think this is the 4th time in 17 years. Looking later it seems like they ate the tops out of all my volunteer tomatoes plants at that stump. Lol

yEimaqQ.jpg

Then noticed momma was ahead but still watching.

qeO2Rtq.jpg

Then they were gone...

9yThV0x.jpg

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

Good looking deer you have there.

Came out to see this in my back yard the other day. Rare to see deer on my acre. I think this is the 4th time in 17 years. Looking later it seems like they ate the tops out of all my volunteer tomatoes plants at that stump. Lol

yEimaqQ.jpg

Then noticed momma was ahead but still watching.

qeO2Rtq.jpg

Then they were gone...

9yThV0x.jpg

Thank you!

I guess the tomato dinner was the price of admission for you getting to see them lol. Cool pictures, but hate they got your plants. 

22 minutes ago, rugerla1 said:

Dark colored?

Yep, almost black I guess, hard to say at nite. Only one to show up thus far, also had a buck & doe. Buck is growing, but rather ugly right now. Had likely the same buck last yr., ugly as a mud fence, LOL. I keep shelled corn out in a box at nite.

Also have coons, rabbits, squirrels, doves, possums, skunks. Busy place back there, only about a 1/3 acre of timber. They make good use of it.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Grunt67 said:

Yep, almost black I guess, hard to say at nite. Only one to show up thus far, also had a buck & doe. Buck is growing, but rather ugly right now. Had likely the same buck last yr., ugly as a mud fence, LOL. I keep shelled corn out in a box at nite.

Also have coons, rabbits, squirrels, doves, possums, skunks. Busy place back there, only about a 1/3 acre of timber. They make good use of it.

Yeah I wasn’t sure if it was just the picture or if it was really that dark colored. Looks like he’s eating good. 

I have not had near as many turkey, coon, or crows in my cams this year since I haven’t put any corn out. I’m sure if I had, there’d be tons of each on there again. I wonder what all I missed out on all those years I wouldn’t run cameras. I had no idea how fun and informative they were. 

Yep, I've been running mine year around for a couple of yrs now. Never know what you're gonna get. It's fun waiting to see what shows up.  I keep corn out & a mineral brick ( deer ,squirrels, rabbits, lick that thing).

• Like 1

Disclaimer: Sorry for the typos in the 2nd video. I was paying way more attention to music and editing clips and forgot to watch for my fast typing errors.

Here's a couple videos from this week. One is some highlights of the mean doe that keeps all the young bucks in line. It's common for her to fend them off for close to a dang hour just to keep them from eating while she is. Heck, if she shared she'd be full in 10 minutes and on her way, but OH NO! Can't do that! Lol

The other video also stars the mean doe a few times but is a bit of everything this week. There is another surprise guest (guests) this week. I know y'all will enjoy seeing that part for sure. P.S. it's not the nasty coyote either 😄

Anyway, I hope y'all enjoy it.

Edited by rugerla1
  • Like 2