2018 Trail Camera Pictures

53 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

Nice bucks. I'm a turkey guy too. I like seeing the turkeys. The 9 point looks good. Maybe a 3 1/2 year old?

Thanks, I’m not a turkey hunter, however I like seeing them as well. 

I believe he’s a 3 1/2 as well. If he makes it another year he’ll be a stud!

Just found out my Father-in-law is up and moving and selling his house. That is where I hunted last year and the only place within a couple hours I have access to. If he does, that will suck. Despite being straight uphill, his land is fairly well stocked. 

21 hours ago, Chris said:

Nice!

Be careful out there boys. Snakes are out and about. I was putting out cams this weekend and saw a good sized rattler and almost stepped on a smaller cottonmouth.

I’m wearing my snake boots when I go out and definitely watching when I move my hand to the ground to grab straps and such. Haven’t come up on any yet but I know they’re out there. 

Glad you didn’t step on that dang cotton mouth!

2 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

Just found out my Father-in-law is up and moving and selling his house. That is where I hunted last year and the only place within a couple hours I have access to. If he does, that will suck. Despite being straight uphill, his land is fairly well stocked. 

Sorry to hear that! I want to try to hunt some public land this year for a couple of reasons. One, different scenery and chances at new deer. Two, practice with my new run and gun setups and figure out what I like and don’t like. I don’t like having people walk in on me so I’ll have to do some hiking for sure! 

4 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

Losing your hunting land sucks. Hopefully it takes awhile to sell the property. 

I got out this weekend and put up a new ground blind.   I still have a new ladder stand that I need to get up also. 

• Like 1

Thanks @Kahr Man and @rugerla1

I just really got back into it at the last of last season. I wanted to hunt before, but my FIL is kinda weird and never said I could. I mentioned it and even outright asked and he would avoid the subject. No idea why. He would probably get 1/2 the meat anyway.

I wish I could get land of my own, but that is not feasible (or at least not family priority) at this point. I am looking at college tuition for 2 within a few years. I can hunt with my Dad about 2 hours away, but his land is only about 15 acres with most being pasture or too close to the house to hunt. He sees lots of deer, but very few bucks. He has only gotten 1 in the last few years. I hate to horn in on such a poor chance. Especially since he will barely get to hunt this year after he gets done recuperating.

We used to hunt Big South Fork and Chuck Swan when I was a kid. Never saw a deer, but times have changed. I see 5 deer or so a week as roadkill. Probably did not see 10 total by the time I was 18. Actually saw a 4 point in velvet eating on the shoulder on the way home.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

Thanks @Kahr Man and @rugerla1

I just really got back into it at the last of last season. I wanted to hunt before, but my FIL is kinda weird and never said I could. I mentioned it and even outright asked and he would avoid the subject. No idea why. He would probably get 1/2 the meat anyway.

I wish I could get land of my own, but that is not feasible (or at least not family priority) at this point. I am looking at college tuition for 2 within a few years. I can hunt with my Dad about 2 hours away, but his land is only about 15 acres with most being pasture or too close to the house to hunt. He sees lots of deer, but very few bucks. He has only gotten 1 in the last few years. I hate to horn in on such a poor chance. Especially since he will barely get to hunt this year after he gets done recuperating.

We used to hunt Big South Fork and Chuck Swan when I was a kid. Never saw a deer, but times have changed. I see 5 deer or so a week as roadkill. Probably did not see 10 total by the time I was 18. Actually saw a 4 point in velvet eating on the shoulder on the way home.

I’ve always wanted to hunt Big Southfork. I used to hike and camp up there back in my early 20’s. 

4 minutes ago, Grunt67 said:

He looked quite a bit worse for wear. Didn't look healthy. Whatever was bothering him, it won't again.  Had to wash out the bed of my truck, he stunk up the place.

I’ve got a scrawny lil coyote running around my place too but rarely. I figure he’s on his way out of this life by the looks of him. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Quavodus said:

Nice bucks rugerla1, so far I've not got much of anything but, a small buck and lots of does and fawns.

Thanks! I’m not counting my chickens yet though. They could change pattern tomorrow lol. I’m sure glad I was able to suck it up and hold to my goal last year of letting bucks walk. I’d take either of these two bigger bucks with my bow as I’ve yet to take a buck at all during my few years of archery hunting. Rifle season will be a different story though, I plan to hunt some public land as well as Cheatham draw hunt. So I’ll let these two walk during rifle unless they are bigger in person than they appear on film. Either way I’m looking forward to this season! Good luck to you this weekend!