zgunbear

Salty Goat and 55 South Spring HIll

41 minutes ago, zgunbear said:

I wonder if respectful posts on their Facebook page could make a change?

I've got to say that my philosophy on this has changed considerably over time.  I'd rather engage someone like that privately first and then take it public, politely, if you don't get a favorable response.  Honey attracts bees, and all that.

• Like 2

I have done as David said he would like to do before going all public and all that and I have tried that several times but for some reason I can never get to speak to the person with the authority that had the sign posted in the first place. I'm not a quitter and have gone back several times and on many occassiosn spoke with another employee but again the guy with the power of the sign is never around. I agree that a business should not have negative posts made about them until the man with the power sign has been confronted and you know the real reason for the signs. Until then I just take my money,business and gun elsewhere..........JMHO

I'm not advocating rebellion, but when I am juggling the care of two kids under the age of five, and everything that goes along with them, and ensuring that they, my wife, and I all move around together as a "unit", sometimes I miss seeing a gun-buster sign on the entrance to a business.

Thankfully, Tennessee only treats it as a misdemeanor offense (a la trespassing) if you are found out and asked to leave and refuse to do so.  So the consequences aren't grave enough that I prioritize ferreting out gun-buster signs above all of the rigamarole that I described above.  There are undoubtedly a few businesses that get my money that wouldn't otherwise if I noticed their sign on the way into their establishment.

Like I said, I am not advocating rebellion, but effective concealment really minimizes a lot of my stress.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TGO David said:

Thankfully, Tennessee only treats it as a misdemeanor offense (a la trespassing) if you are found out and asked to leave and refuse to do so.  ...

???

- OS

Just now, Oh Shoot said:

???

- OS

Spit it out.  I'm not infallible so if I am wrong about the TCA statute, just say it and I'll be glad to be smarter.

https://codes.findlaw.com/tn/title-39-criminal-offenses/tn-code-sect-39-17-1359.html

(c)(1) It is an offense to possess a weapon in a building or on property that is properly posted in accordance with this section.

(2) Possession of a weapon on posted property in violation of this section is a Class B misdemeanor punishable by fine only of five hundred dollars ($500).

Just now, TGO David said:

Spit it out.  I'm not infallible...

No, but you are a lot better since you lost that nickel plated sissy pistol :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Spit it out.  I'm not infallible so if I am wrong about the TCA statute, just say it and I'll be glad to be smarter.

...if you are found out and asked to leave and refuse to do so.  ...

No requirement that you must be asked to leave, and refuse, before you can be cited.

There was a bill proposed that said that if you were asked to leave and did, then you wouldn't be charged. But AFAIK it didn't pass, and it still did not require you be asked to leave before you could be cited.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Just now, Oh Shoot said:

No requirement that you must be asked to leave, and refuse, before you can be cited.

There was a bill proposed that said that if you were asked to leave and did, then you wouldn't be charged. But AFAIK it didn't pass, and it still did not require you be asked to leave before you could be cited.

- OS

Interesting; I thought it had passed.  Well that sucks.

Just now, TGO David said:

Interesting; I thought it had passed.  Well that sucks.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think it did?

Point is though, it did not REQUIRE you be notified before you could be cited. A cop could still witness it and ding you. It only gave you the out IF you WERE notified and complied.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

I’ve been to both and didn’t notice. Maybe once they got the kinks out after opening they posted them. The family isn’t digging the food so much, not sure I’ll be back in anyways. Shame because it’s so much easier than dealing with the Crossings for me. 

• Like 1

Both of those are owed by the same individual. There is contact info on both their websites if anyone wants to contact him personally.

Well I now have 2 reasons not to try and trade at one of the establishments. No Guns and Mexican food no Guns keeps me out and Mexican food gives me heartburn from Hell........................☢️