I put the wheels in motion!!

Well I took the plunge today and began setting up to move away from BOA(Bank of America) I got so many good reports about Wilson Bank & Trust that I am going with them. They were all very nice and made you feel like they were glad you were there. That home town bank feeling all banks use to have. There is a juggling act that needs to be done since I am on auto-deposit so I can't move any of my accounts till right after they make the deposit. Then I can pull everything from both of my accounts and close them after I go to Social Security Office and give them new bank accounts and request they use the new account beginning in August. That gives them a month to make the changes. I know a buddy of mine did the same thing but did it a week before his deposit and it took 2 months to get the mess corrected and get him his money. I will sure be glad to get a new bank.

• Like 5

Small local or regional banks have a true stake in their local economy. Banking Whores like BOA or Wachovia are only out there to control your money to expand their control of the banking system.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Omega said:

Closed most of my accounts, transferred my last funds to bring it to 0, but they gave me my 4¢ interest.  Now I have to physically go in to close it.

You can bet they did it for spite. BOA had $300.00 of my money tied up for 19 years since i opened the accounts. I had an account that any time I used my debit card they took the change and put it in that $300.00 so my checking account balance was always and even dollar amount. Any checks I got from folks I would deposit into that account till they cleared. I would let it build up to 4 or 500.00 and then go draw out all of what I put in down to that $300.00 and leave $10.00 extra so it was $310.00. If that account went even 1 penny below the $300.00 they would charge me a $30.00 for that month so I would have to transfere money back into to get it back to $300.00. In 19 years i never once had to pay their damn $30.00 fee. I'm waiting to see what kind of fees and games they try to hit me with when I walk in and close both accounts.

I would wait till the first deposit from SS went into the new bank before I completely closed the BoA account. When we moved I kept my old credit union account open for about 6 months till all the dust settled and I was sure I didn't need it any more, then I closed it remotely with a phone call.

9 hours ago, Omega said:

Closed most of my accounts, transferred my last funds to bring it to 0, but they gave me my 4¢ interest.  Now I have to physically go in to close it.

Don't bother, they will monitor low balance accts, possibly service charge it, and then in OD status, eventually close it.  Or, just send a copy of the zero balance stmt to the bank with a hand written note to close, signed & dated.

3 hours ago, jwhjwh54 said:

Wilson bank and trust supports St Jude So they are awesome!

I do to every month I send them a check for $20. I know it's not much but I think if they get a lot of $20 donations it adds up. I know they want folks to get on that auto pay program but I don't trust anyone to have access to my accounts willingly. If they hack into it, that is out of my control.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, bersaguy said:

I do to every month I send them a check for $20. I know it's not much but I think if they get a lot of $20 donations it adds up. I know they want folks to get on that auto pay program but I don't trust anyone to have access to my accounts willingly. If they hack into it, that is out of my control.

I do it too! That $20 does a lot and it adds up. I’ve been fortunate to get to know some patients  that are alive today because of st Jude. A former patient introduced me to my wife . It’s an amazing place and the only charity I feel comfortable promoting because I know they use the money for research rather than BS and my friend’s 4 year old is still with us today because of st Jude. 

Anyways good luck with the transfer!

• Like 1

I moved from Bank of America to Wilson Bank and Trust about 3 or 4 years ago. Final straw was going into the branch to ask for my bank card to be replaced because it started to crack. He told me it would be $5 to replace it.  I told him I guess I'll just do what I was planning on and moving all my accounts to Wilson. He asked if I still wanted to do it. I went outside and called and reported the card lost and got a new one till I was able to open my new account. Then said adios to BoA.

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:10 PM, hipower said:

St. Jude does unbelievable things with the donations they get. It's one of the 5/6 charities I donate to on a regular basis.

I used to give to several different charities until I did some homework and found that most of them the funds go to management salaries and very little makes it to the actual charity to help people.  I just stared back with Wounded Warriors now they they have gotten rid of all the theives they had working in their administration and the funds are going to the warriors and not the administration crooks they had running it. 

1 hour ago, DWARREN123 said:

I put the wheels in motion once, I got run over!

I have never got run over but did get smashed by a truck once that put itself in motion............:up:

Edited by bersaguy
3 hours ago, bersaguy said:

I used to give to several different charities until I did some homework and found that most of them the funds go to management salaries and very little makes it to the actual charity to help people.  I just stared back with Wounded Warriors now they they have gotten rid of all the theives they had working in their administration and the funds are going to the warriors and not the administration crooks they had running it. 

Local charities only for me.