Someone explain this to me!!

Ok, I was just listening to channel news and they were talking about a teenager that was killed during a street race when his truck left the road and ended up in a creek beside the road. Soon as the wreck happened the spectators all scattered like roaches when the light comes on. Another young man was coming down the road and saw the truck in the creek and he and his buddy stopped to help if they could. They managed to get a tree limb off the young man but he still died at the hospital. Ok , this is where it gets weird. The THP cites the young man tampering with a crime scene when all he was doing was trying to save the other young mans life. Then the THP said they are still trying to find out who the spectators where that scattered and when they find them out they will be cited for participating in street racing, leaving the scene of the accident and (((( Get Ready for this))))) Failing to try and provide aid to the injured!!! 

They cited a young man that was not involved at all but was just driving down the road and he and a friend stopped to "PROVIDE AID" and THP tickets him!!!!

What am I missing about this????

1 hour ago, bersaguy said:

Ok, I was just listening to channel news and they were talking about a teenager that was killed during a street race when his truck left the road and ended up in a creek beside the road. Soon as the wreck happened the spectators all scattered like roaches when the light comes on. Another young man was coming down the road and saw the truck in the creek and he and his buddy stopped to help if they could. They managed to get a tree limb off the young man but he still died at the hospital. Ok , this is where it gets weird. The THP cites the young man tampering with a crime scene when all he was doing was trying to save the other young mans life. Then the THP said they are still trying to find out who the spectators where that scattered and when they find them out they will be cited for participating in street racing, leaving the scene of the accident and (((( Get Ready for this))))) Failing to try and provide aid to the injured!!! 

They cited a young man that was not involved at all but was just driving down the road and he and a friend stopped to "PROVIDE AID" and THP tickets him!!!!

What am I missing about this????

You are missing nothing. Have you met any THP?

I lived down on the "drag strip" for several years. My wife and I would sit on the porch on Friday and Saturday nights and watch the races. I raced cars there when I was a boy.

I know the boy's family. It was surely a tragic event, but sometimes stupid carries with it a high price.

27 minutes ago, Murgatroy said:

Because that isn't the world we live in anymore. Right or wrong.

I dunno. A certain percentage of LEO got jollies out of trying to scare kids when I was a kid, and it hasn't changed. My son can't go anywhere without getting a seatbelt ticket. I know it's a law, but surely they have something more important to attend to.

• Like 1

There is no citation for tampering with a crime scene. Closest law we have is tampering with evidence and that is not eligible for a citation. You have a link to some story? Doesn’t sound right but I’m curious will ask around. 

This is where I started to believe the calls and stories for the 'end of the American Empire". Much like happened to Rome, I didn't want to believe it, but heard someone say/write (and I'm paraphrasing here), but when the laws cease to be about protecting the people, you know you're nearing the end of the line. This may not be the best example, however it is one of many, where your gut just says things ain't right. Have trust in your instincts, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

36 minutes ago, ReeferMac said:

This is where I started to believe the calls and stories for the 'end of the American Empire". Much like happened to Rome, I didn't want to believe it, but heard someone say/write (and I'm paraphrasing here), but when the laws cease to be about protecting the people, you know you're nearing the end of the line. This may not be the best example, however it is one of many, where your gut just says things ain't right. Have trust in your instincts, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Ayn Rand in Atlas Shrugged wrote some prophetic words regarding selectively enforced and interpreted law.

Simply a mechanism to make law breakers because .gov doesn't have power over the Innocent.

• Like 1