New tools that I love

I got the Dewalt 20v impact driver in a kit with a drill. I didn't think much of it, thought it was just an overgrown screwdriver. I love that little driver, definitely gets the most use out of my power tools.

• Like 1
On 6/30/2018 at 9:10 PM, Murgatroy said:

I am cheap. I have a Porter Cable 'Tiger Saw' sawsall that is about 2/3 the size of a regular sawsall. It shares batteries with my light and drill and fits where I need it. I use this professionally as a service plumber. It is one of the best $50 I ever spent.

I'm a plumber too but I'm a top out man. Our rough in crew likes to miss walls. A lightweight cordless jackhammer would be nice.  🤔  I own mostly Ridgid but If I was to replace my cordless tools I'd go with Milwaukee

I have an earlier version of this Makita set https://www.amazon.com/Makita-LCT209W-12-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless/dp/B005CQ1RGI/ref=sr_1_6?s=power-hand-tools&ie=UTF8&qid=1530584432&sr=1-6&keywords=makita+drill+set&refinements=p_89%3AMakita%2Cp_n_feature_two_browse-bin%3A2399140011

I was amazed at what these little drills can do and they are so small and light it doesn't wear you out to use it. I just got done putting wood siding on my steel Carolina Carport using the impact driver. I thought I was going to have to run 100 foot of extension cord to use my heavier corded drill but the little impact driver did the job without breaking a sweat.

• Like 1

I have been very happy with my Milwaukee 18v tools. I've had them now for probably 6 or 7 years, and the original batteries are still going strong. I have some Ryobi tools too, and their batteries have long since been replaced. The Milwaukee tools feel good in the hand, and just feel like they are solid tools, where the Ryobi's feel like toys. Not saying Ryobi's are bad, they are great for the price, and for the occasional around the house job, the Milwaukee's just feel like a serious upgrade.

The Circular Saw just keeps on cutting. I do keep a corded circular saw around and use it if I'm sawing a lot, mostly just to not use up the battery, or sometimes I just want the extra power. But 9 times out of ten, I grab the cordless.

A cordless sawzall is a gift from Heaven. For demolition work, it can't be beat. My Milwaukee sawzall is really stout and feels like I could use it as a hammer if needed (I don't). 

The Impact driver is the tool I use the most. Can't imagine not using one anymore. It's lightweight and powerful. With the larger battery, it will run all day long. I added the belt hook to mine, and then to my hammer drill after I found how useful it was. That made it way more convenient for working up on a ladder. Can't tell you how many times I dropped my impact driver from a 6' ladder, and it's no worse for the wear.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I had snap on and dewalt 18v and 20v tools. All were fantastic. Got some free 22v hilti tools and they are amazing (More expensive, but been using them for years and love them.)  But right now, all my work tools are milwaukee.  They are cheaper and got a better warranty than snap on. and its nice only needing one charger for everything.  The first is what I had, and the last two are before I got a new tool box. I have even more now.20170506_125714.jpg20170831_150937.jpg

20170831_150952.jpg

Edited by RC3
  • Like 1