Sig P365

Links2k

I recently purchased my second P365 from Arms Fair. It has a born date of June 2018.

My first P365 was purchased from Buds, and was born in March 2018.

i never told my wife about the first P365, so when she saw the second pistol, see says “that’s more my style, I want a laser on it”. See previously had a Ruger LCR .22 with Crimson Trace laser, and a M&P Shield with a green Crimson Trace laser. 

I guess I’m in the market for a third P365. Thirteen rounds of 9mm in such a small package is a beautiful thing. 

• Like 2

I really want to like this gun. The capacity to size ratio is amazing but I'm going to wait and see if Sig can work out the bugs. 

MAC had his trigger reset spring break at 800 rounds. He procured a 2nd 365 and now this one is having different issues. It seems Sig is now shipping the 365's with a redesigned striker. It hasn't remedied the severe striker drag but I know that most people are not concerned by that. He seems to think it's abnormal. 

• Administrator

I have to take MAC with more than a grain of salt.  He's the same guy that faulted the HK VP9 because it didn't survive being thrown hard against a tree.

That said, it's still worth noting that a lot of folks are having trouble with their P365 strikers and trigger springs breaking.  I really wish SIG would get their crap together because they used to have a fantastic reputation.

• Like 1

Ok...I know it looks like I'll be very much in the minority here with this comment.

I didn't like the P365. I base that on holding the pistol. I just did not like the feel. Yes, that's my first criteria...how it holds and fits in my hand. I'll stick with my Shields. 

Just my personal opinion. And I didn't like the Glock 19X either. lol

Edited by hipower
  • Like 2

I'm with hipower.  I was very interested in the P365 when it was first announced, and I remained interested throughout the gun's early problems that still don't seem to be quite sorted out.  Then I actually got to handle one, and I quickly decided the grip angle doesn't fit my hand.  Plus new stories of problems show up on the forums nearly every day.  I'm confident Sig will make the guns right eventually, but I'm sticking with my Shields.

Cheers,

Whisper

• Like 1
  • Administrator

Eh, I got interrupted earlier and had to submit my last post before I was really done with it.  I'll finish my thoughts here...

I wanted to add that nothing sucks worse than getting a new gun that you're proud of and then having everyone pile on the "Nope Train".  Links, I hope you have nothing but reliable service out of yours.  SIG seems intent on making any faulty pistols whole again, so even should you have problems I am sure they'll take care of you.

If the new M&P M2.0 Compact 3.6-inch model doesn't do it for her, my wife may be on the hunt again for another small 9mm to carry and the P365 could very well be in her sights.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, TGO David said:

I wanted to add that nothing sucks worse than getting a new gun that you're proud of and then having everyone pile on the "Nope Train".  Links, I hope you have nothing but reliable service out of yours.  

Good point. I don't mean to rain on his parade. I think it's a great design and I'm glad it's working for those here on TGO. I'm going to keep waiting on updates.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mikegideon said:

Guess I don't have to ask if you like it better than the Shield. I haven't even put my eyes on one yet. My brother bought a shield instead of the G43, and my eyes have been wandering a little. The G43 has its negatives.

I had the Shield before the 43, and I think the Shield is a great shooter, but it has been a safe queen since I purchased my first 43. I just preferred the size of the 43. Now, I believe these little 365’s are going to have me getting rid of some things.

It’s like pulling teeth to get my wife to carry anything, so the Shield and LCR are barely used. She does like the Mossberg 930 when she’s home alone. If she likes the P365, maybe I can finally get her to carry. I can always get another. 

13 hours ago, TGO David said:

Eh, I got interrupted earlier and had to submit my last post before I was really done with it.  I'll finish my thoughts here...

I wanted to add that nothing sucks worse than getting a new gun that you're proud of and then having everyone pile on the "Nope Train".  Links, I hope you have nothing but reliable service out of yours.  SIG seems intent on making any faulty pistols whole again, so even should you have problems I am sure they'll take care of you.

If the new M&P M2.0 Compact 3.6-inch model doesn't do it for her, my wife may be on the hunt again for another small 9mm to carry and the P365 could very well be in her sights.

I think I mentioned before that I have incredible luck when purchasing guns. I’ve yet to have to return a gun for any reason. 

I’ve been shooting Sig 365 practice and Defensive ammo (V-Crown) that I got on sell. I eventually plan to carry Hornady Critical Defense like I do in all my pistols. 

Edited by LINKS2K
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, LINKS2K said:

I had the Shield before the 43, and I think the Shield is a great shooter, but it has been a safe queen since I purchased my first 43. I just preferred the size of the 43. Now, I believe these little 365’s are going to have me getting rid of some things.

It’s like pulling teeth to get my wife to carry anything, so the Shield and LCR are barely used. She does like the Mossberg 930 when she’s home alone. If she likes the P365, maybe I can finally get her to carry. I can always get another. 

I can't get my woman to carry anything. Not sure the type of gun has anything to do with it :) . She has a bunch

• Like 1
9 hours ago, mikegideon said:

I can't get my woman to carry anything. Not sure the type of gun has anything to do with it :) . She has a bunch

Same with my wife.  She says she doesn’t carry because she has me.  The family joke is that I’m Deputy Dog 🐕.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, LINKS2K said:

Same with my wife.  She says she doesn’t carry because she has me.  The family joke is that I’m Deputy Dog 🐕.

We still live in separate houses some, so she always has one on the night stand. Just can't get her to throw one in her purse.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, LINKS2K said:

3 hours ago, mikegideon said:

We still live in separate houses some, so she always has one on the night stand. Just can't get her to throw one in her purse.

Same here. I carry her guns way more than she does. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...