Gun store, gun sale........Memphis

Just wanted to give the Memphis area people a heads up on this.

Guns and Ammo on Summer is having their bi-annual, no sales tax, sale this month. $10 for the background check and whatever is on the tag is the price out the door. Just in case someone is wondering, I've pre-priced several guns over the last few months and they are still the same price so they didn't raise the price to cover the tax loss :cool: I think they told me it was cash sales only though.

BTW, I'm not affiliated with store. Just a long time customer.

“Cover the loss”, lol.   G&A has one of the best selections in the state but their pricing on some things is absurd, while others not too bad.  They’re not losing anything.. 

Great store to visit and even get some ideas that need to be satisfied on the spot.

It’s also the only place I’ve seen since I was a kid that sells bullets by the round.  

Actually, they’ll “waive the tax” often if you pay cash.

Edited by Garufa
25 minutes ago, Garufa said:

“Cover the loss”, lol.   G&A has one of the best selections in the state but their pricing on some things is absurd, while others not too bad.  They’re not losing anything.. 

Great store to visit and even get some ideas that need to be satisfied on the spot.

It’s also the only place I’ve seen since I was a kid that sells bullets by the round.  

Next time I'm in town I'll have to stop by, which might be soon.  Always went to Bronson's. Bullet by the round?  Do you just candy store it with a big scoop into a bag?

20 minutes ago, gjohnsoniv said:

Next time I'm in town I'll have to stop by, which might be soon.  Always went to Bronson's. Bullet by the round?  Do you just candy store it with a big scoop into a bag?

Lol, it’s not like the Mast General candy department.  Mostly everyday steel cased or random stuff from the last box of something in most popular and some obscure calibers.

If you’re in town it’s worth a visit...as is Top’s BBQ a mile or so down the street West.  That’s one of their best locations.

• Moderators
Just now, Garufa said:

Lol, it’s not like the Mast General candy department.  Mostly everyday steel cased or random stuff from the last box of something in most popular and some obscure calibers.

If you’re in town it’s worth a visit...as is Top’s BBQ a mile or so down the street West.  That’s one of their best locations.

I always liked it for tracers and incendiary rounds. 😁

2 hours ago, Garufa said:

They always have a great selection, but sometimes everyone except the guy behind the counter with the 1911s and revolvers behave as if you are bothering them.

If I walk into a place of business I’m buying something. I don’t go into stores for fun. I’ve hate shopping, so I’ve usually know what I want when I walk into the business. Half of the guns in my safe came from them, but lately I’ve given Classic Arms and Arms Fair the opportunity to satisfy my needs.

Arms Fair has the most polite people that I’ve met in the business. They don’t always have the selection, but I purchased my Sig MPX there because of their politeness.  I also recently purchased a revolver and my second P365 from them, because I wanted to give them my business. I didn’t need either gun at the time. I was picking up a transfer. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Garufa said:

I've been to Top's a number of times, as I am from Memphis after all.