TGO David's Gucci Glock Build - Gen 4

• Administrator

I figured it was time for me to embrace the future and put a red dot sight on a Glock.  I chose my Gen 4 Glock 19 for this and ordered a stripped slide from Suarez International done in their black Melonite treatment with plain black, suppressor-height, front and rear sights.

tenor.gif

I filled it with a set of stock Gen 4 Glock internals from Big Tex Outdoors, tossed in a Silencerco barrel that I've been sitting on for a while, and topped it off with a Trijicon RM07 6.5MOA red dot sight.

It's riding on my Gen 4's frame with an Agency Arms minimalist magwell, a Streamlight TLR-7 light, a Crux Ordnance extended mag release, and a bit of thumb-index stippling done by yours truly with an ice-pick heated up with a BIC lighter.  Just kidding.  I used a woodburning tool, but I totally could have done that with a hot ice-pick.

I may put a different trigger in it.  I'm not sure.  I am one of those weirdos who likes the OEM Glock Gen 4 trigger, but the trigger on my Gen 5 is just so damn nice that it has me thinking about an Agency or Apex trigger on this.  We'll see.

i-v7vCPSH-X3.jpg

i-ZNk9v2m-X2.jpg

• Like 15
  • Administrator
14 minutes ago, KahrMan said:

Looks good but how does it shoot?

No idea.  If I am lucky, I will get to take it to the range this weekend.  Next week sometime is far more likely.

10 minutes ago, Grand Torino said:

Well that's real purdy for a Glock. It looks like you got yourself a nice little race gun now.:up:

It identifies as a black powder flint-lock pistol.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Administrator
6 hours ago, Fourtyfive said:

Does the red washer behind the tread protector mean it’s a toy ? 🤐

Nothing made of plastic is a real gun.  We all know that!  ;)

That silicone o-ring puts pressure against the thread protector and keeps it from spinning off with firing.

5 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

She’s purdy, that’s for sure. 

Thanks.  :)

• Haha 1

That's a lot of tacticool. I like it. 

What's the story on that Streamlight? I though I was up to date on my weapon lights but apparently not. Pretty sure they can spot my TLR-1 HD from space when I turn it on. 

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Erik88 said:

What's the story on that Streamlight? I though I was up to date on my weapon lights but apparently not. Pretty sure they can spot my TLR-1 HD from space when I turn it on. 

500 lumens from an LED emitter powered by a CR123A battery.  Runtime is about 1.5 hours.  I've got three of them now.  Love them!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Have you had a chance to shoot this one yet David?

Very nice looking btw! 👍

If so, how does the Suarez slide work for you?

I just got my 17 back from AETI about a month ago and love the work they did. But I have a 19 that I considered a Suarez slide for. The Suarez slides are actually quite reasonably priced...and if yours is any indication they certainly look great.

And...How do you like the 6.5 MOA dot? I'm kicking the idea around but so like my 3.25 thus far. But arguments can easily be made that the 6.5 is faster to pick up.

Edited by prag
typo
  • Administrator
6 hours ago, prag said:

Have you had a chance to shoot this one yet David?

Very nice looking btw! 👍

If so, how does the Suarez slide work for you?

Thanks!  Yes, I finally got a chance to shoot it today.  My range time was primarily spent zeroing the dot, three rounds at a time.  It didn't take long to get it printing right where I wanted it.

I am tickled with the way the gun performs overall.  The slide functioned flawlessly, and the fit and finish of the slide were perfect.

6 hours ago, prag said:

I just got my 17 back from AETI about a month ago and love the work they did. But I have a 19 that I considered a Suarez slide for. The Suarez slides are actually quite reasonably priced...and if yours is any indication they certainly look great.

I would like to do a Glock 17 at some point, but I think I might send a M&P M2.0 Compact slide off to Primary Machine and have them mill it for an RDS.

6 hours ago, prag said:

And...How do you like the 6.5 MOA dot? I'm kicking the idea around but so like my 3.35 thus far. But arguments can easily be made that the 6.5 is faster to pick up.

It's VERY quick to pick up.  I shot a friend's Glock 20 with 3.35 MOA dot today and it was arguably a little more precise but I'm looking for combat accuracy moreso than bullseye shooting out of my G19.  For that, I think I would definitely prefer the 6.5 OA dot.

• Like 1

Thanks David.

I am seriously considering that Suarez slide. You're gonna cost me money my friend! LOL

The RMR to slide fit looks tight...which = great. Mark Housel of L&M once did the Suarez milling iirc. I don't know if he still does, or it's another of their in house craftsmen, but the job looks very well done. Is that a Battle Werx sealing plate? Did you use Trox screws by chance?

I agree that zeroing the RMR is pretty quick and easy. I like that. I still have to tweak my irons about 1" to the right...hopefully this week.

I've read good reviews on Primary Machine's work. Please post on it when you have the work done.

Great choice on that TLR 7. Nice! I have an older TLR with the rocker arms, but really appreciate the new controls of that 7. I might even save my pennies for an 8 just to try out the laser concept Karl Rehn has written about. But that'll be down the road a bit for me.

I carry my 17 in a Dale Fricke Seraphim AIWB and it conceals great. What holster are you running for this setup?

Thanks for sharing this David. Great job!

I've recently become addicted to Gucci Glock builds myself. I have a Zev Tech Glock 17 Gen 4 Enhanced Socom and currently have on order a Zev Tech Glock 19 gen 4 Raven slide. It should be here Wednesday. I have an Agency trigger but have always gone back to just factory Glock triggers with a minus connector. The trigger is nice I just tend to like factory Gen 4 triggers as well. 

• 2 months later...