TGO David's Gucci Glock Build - Gen 4

• Moderators
21 hours ago, bigun said:

It needs some way to char a steak......well done

No, no...it operates correctly as is. The correct procedure it to shoot 5 magazines though the firearm, then lay it on top of a steak for 2 minutes. It'll heat the steak up just enough to meet the Glock™ Steak Perfection promise.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, GlockSpock said:

If this doesn't make sense to you, maybe someone will come along and explain it to you. But this is what I think of whenI see this thread title.

gucci-mane-jail.jpg

I had to Google it based off the pic's name.  No idea who he is but he seems solid given that he skipped the Mini-14 and went for the two AR pistols.  I hope he doesn't fire off a string and grab that one by the barrel and gas tube though.  That would hurt.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, GlockSpock said:

If this doesn't make sense to you, maybe someone will come along and explain it to you. But this is what I think of whenI see this thread title.

gucci-mane-jail.jpg

It’s Gucci, Mane. 

You know how I know you’re from Tha Durty?

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Haha 1
  • 3 months later...
  • Administrator
22 minutes ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

That's a pretty wild build, I dig it.....definitely needs a can to really finish its tacticool-ness but awesome either way!

Thanks.  I've got another 19 with a suppressor as a nightstand gun.  There's no reason to take a suppressed firearm anywhere that I shoot.  If I'm going to have to wear earpro because of other non-suppressed shooters, it's not worth the remote risk of a baffle strike.  *shrug*

This particular 19 now wears a Surefire X300UA 1,000 lumen light.  Its transformation to "Full Roland" is complete.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Administrator
8 hours ago, sybo said:

Great looking project there, I really would like a range report!!

I shoot it regularly.   Is there anything in particular you'd like to hear about?

The compensator works great.  It's fairly unnoticeable with 115gr FMJ but neither does it cause any malfunctions with any of the light ammo that I have run through it.  This includes Winchester White Box, Blazer Brass, Blazer Aluminum, Fiocchi and probably a few that I can't remember offhand.

Where it shines is with 124gr or greater.  The more charge in the load, the more the comp does its job of flattening out the muzzle rise.  It makes shooting hotter rounds feel about the same as shooting 115gr.  Overlapping follow-up shots becomes very easy.

• 3 months later...
  • Administrator

Current configuration...

i-bMhNPTW-X2.jpg

NEW:  Arc Division SPARC-M mini comp.

Prior to NRAAM, I stripped off the Primary Machine comp, replaced the Silencerco barrel with an Agency Arms barrel, and swapped the Surefire X300UA light for a smaller Streamlight TLR7 light.  That was my carry gun for the entire week of NRAAM travels and 12+ hours of walking on the exhibit hall each day.

I have a new slide coming for one of my other Glock 19's to spruce it up a little and make it ready for an RMR, so I decided to go ahead and trick this Gen 4 back out to full kit.   The SPARC-M compensator is short enough that I can toss the TLR7 back on this gun and carry it in a much smaller holster, should I want to.

I figure it'll stay like it is for home defense and maybe occasional carry when I know that I can get away with something a little bulkier.

• Like 2