Walmart...

This afternoon while walking into the Walmart here in Shelbyville, my family and I were walking through the crosswalk. We were literally in the middle of the crosswalk when someone decided that stopping was not for them and they swerved around us, missing me and my family by less than a foot. I screamed at the driver of the car, "It's a ####ing parkinglot asshole!" As the person drove off, my family and I continued into Walmart where we were accosted by Travis, whom I assume was a manager of some sort. Travis confronted me and started by saying he was sorry for what had just transpired, but I needed to watch my language. I was floored. My family was just nearly mowed down by some inconsiderate mouth breather, and the manager is asking me to watch my mouth? I was aghast and told this vest wearing keyholder "My family was nearly run over by some mother####er?!" To which he responds that I need to calm down and watch my language as there are children in the store. No concern for the eleven year old child holding my hand, but other children, who would apparently be less traumatized by a family being slaughtered in a crosswalk than a large tattooed man screaming profanities.

I turned around and left.

Thank you Travis, this was the exact straw I needed to quit being a Walmart Customer.
  • Like 5

Travis might be fresh out of some kind of feel-good conflict resolution class. 

I advise you not to cuss out random trash in the WM parking lot, regardless of circumstances.  Especially if you are carrying.  There are too many unstable people there.

• Like 11
17 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Travis might be fresh out of some kind of feel-good conflict resolution class. 

I advise you not to cuss out random trash in the WM parking lot, regardless of circumstances.  Especially if you are carrying.  There are too many unstable people there.

I think it was more along the lines of "HOLY S**T THIS PERSON ALMOST KILLED ME AND MY FAMILY!!!" versus a cussing out. I am certain that anyone would have expressed the same emotions as I did after literally pulling my eleven year old daughter and wife out of the way of a speeding car in a crosswalk.

And I was carrying. Including a giant pig sticker on my hip openly. While that does very often consider into my actions, at that exact moment, it didn't. I would have done some serious harm to the driver of the car had he/she stopped. The adrenaline of the moment took over.

By the time I was confronted by the manager, I turned around and walked away, knowing there would be no other good outcome.

22 minutes ago, Murgatroy said:

I think it was more along the lines of "HOLY S**T THIS PERSON ALMOST KILLED ME AND MY FAMILY!!!" versus a cussing out. I am certain that anyone would have expressed the same emotions as I did after literally pulling my eleven year old daughter and wife out of the way of a speeding car in a crosswalk.

And I was carrying. Including a giant pig sticker on my hip openly. While that does very often consider into my actions, at that exact moment, it didn't. I would have done some serious harm to the driver of the car had he/she stopped. The adrenaline of the moment took over.

By the time I was confronted by the manager, I turned around and walked away, knowing there would be no other good outcome.

Completely unsterstand.

My WM strategy is to never enter through, or drive by the two main entrances.  There are too many lollygaggers and jack wagons going to and fro on foot and in vehicles.  The garden center entrance is the place to go in, parking is a lot better over there as well.  Exit by any door you please but never cross the crazy zone.

• Like 4

Glad you got out of there before they needed an ambulance for Travis!!

I swore off going through the doors of Wally World for anything back years ago. I buy my food at Krogers and household needs at Krogers and anything else is pretty much TSC and Dollar General. If those 3 stores don't have it I don't need it..........JMHO

• Like 1

I suddenly feel like an outsider. I'm going to have to side with poor ol' Travis on this one. If you were using that language in front of my family you would have had more than Travis in your face.

BTW, this has nothing to do with walmart, it could have happened anywhere. Your odds are just better at walmart.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, xsubsailor said:

I suddenly feel like an outsider. I'm going to have to side with poor ol' Travis on this one. If you were using that language in front of my family you would have had more than Travis in your face.

BTW, this has nothing to do with walmart, it could have happened anywhere. Your odds are just better at walmart.

So you just witnessed me and my family dodge out of the way of a speeder in a parkinglot, at a crosswalk, and you are going to confront me for my choice on language? Classy.

Yeah, this seems to be a daily thing at Walmart. This is just the first time I have literally had to pull my family out of the way of some moron.

Edited by Murgatroy
3 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Your life will improve exponentially without WalMart.

I haven't completely sworn it off, but average going there about 2-3 times a year.

1 hour ago, bersaguy said:

I swore off going through the doors of Wally World for anything back years ago. I buy my food at Krogers and household needs at Krogers and anything else is pretty much TSC and Dollar General. If those 3 stores don't have it I don't need it..........JMHO

8 minutes ago, BrasilNuts said:

Walmart never ceases to entertain.🙄

Scenes like this are why I try to avoid Walmart whenever possible.

6 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Every time I go to Wal-Mart regret it. Sorry you had to with that.

Where do y’all buy cheap Chinese-made American ammo?

5 hours ago, bersaguy said:

This. I have tried it about once a year just in case it had changed. Nope, still the bastion of the great unwashed

When everything they stock is made in America. I might grace their doors again,  but I doubt it. 

This is just my opinion here, so it's worth every penny you paid for it. I would venture a guess that Travis has probably not confronted the rest of wally world's famous pond scum sucking pajama wearing vermin about their loud mouthed profanity while going all through the store. Come to think of it, Travis should probably consider getting into politics since he would fit right in with the time tested US gubmint practice of going out of their way to punish those who have been wronged. 

What Travis should have done is call the police, then took you and your family back to the security office to try and find this punk on video and possibly get a tag number so that charges could be filed. 

Sounds as if he witnessed the incident. 

("Hey sir, I saw that, and I'm sorry that happened to your family at our store. If you don't mind, maybe ease up on the profanity with all these kids around, and if you'll follow me we'll go dig this punk up on video. The police are on their way, and if they can find them, they'll be charged ( times three ) and banned from the store for life.") might have been a better approach. 

Being "Mr. Authoritative" toward someone who has just been put in grave danger by some idiot ain't NEVER the right approach. 

He should probably attend "Sensitivity To Common Sense" training. But I doubt he'd pay attention in class. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, tnhawk said:

When it is necessary to go to a Walmart, I try to do so early in the day before their regular trash is awake.

I do shop some items at Wally World, and do like the early to mid-morning time slot. Usually it's just the old crowd, like me, and the serious shoppers. lol

Most of the abnoxious teens and the street thugs are still in bed then.

I remember when Walmart was a good thing. I am old.

If I was a loyal WM customer or employee, I'd be rather put off by the labeling of WM attendees as trash.

The entrances to WM are dangerous, not because of white trash, but because folks are idiots behind the wheel.

Cursing in public at someone; go for it. It is confrontational, it is NOT designed to de-escalate,  and gets the attention of others in public who may think your use of profanity is representative of your own trashiness.

What should Travis have done? In the current state of affairs where employees get fired for following policy, I'm glad my role is no longer serving general retail public.

Be on the defense always and keep you head on a swivel?

The cheap Chinese ammo reminded me of War Dogs...is all the ammo in WM from China, re packed in knock off boxes?

I go to WM to buy ammo. They have high quality brass case ammo and the steel case junk; because that’s what people want. They have the best prices I can find, with the exception of Federal HST which I order online.

People get judged on the way they look whether they are at WM or the Mall. Everyone does it, even those that say they don’t.  You will just have more smiles and looks of confusion on your face at WM than some other places.

😉

18 hours ago, Garufa said:

Completely unsterstand.

My WM strategy is to never enter through, or drive by the two main entrances.  There are too many lollygaggers and jack wagons going to and fro on foot and in vehicles.  The garden center entrance is the place to go in, parking is a lot better over there as well.  Exit by any door you please but never cross the crazy zone.

That's typically my strategy as well. It's an added bonus that the garden center entrance is usually closer to the ammo counter as well. 

I would be lying if I said I have not thought about running some people over at Walmart.  I don't go a lot, but when I do, I inevitably get the jackwagons that think the middle of the aisles in the parking lot are for a leisurely Sunday stroll.  They even look back at you like "why in the heck are you doing driving in the middle of the road behind me?"  It never crosses their mind to move to one side of the aisle.  

I am sure the OP wasn't doing this so not directed at him.  It's just my Walmart experience every time I go.