Sign in to follow this  
TGO David

Smith and Wesson M2.0 Compact 9mm 3.6-Inch Model

Finally talked my wife into a double-stack 9mm after she tried my M2.0 Compact with the 4.0-inch barrel.   Her list of requirements drove her straight to the new 3.6-inch model as she carries appendix style and wears low-rise jeans and other pants, as do many women. 

I had a spare combination of my preferred sights lying around, which she prefers to use as well, so I installed them this afternoon with my MGW Sight Pro press and now we're in business.   Front sight is an Ameriglo Pro i-Dot with orange outlined green Tritium vial, and the rear sight is a plain black Wilson Combat / Vickers Elite Battlesight.

I am pretty sure her old concealed-carry, a Springfield XD-S in .45ACP, will be up for sale soon.  We just need to get a hundred or so rounds through this first to verify function and accuracy with this sight combo.  I'm pretty confident the sights will be fine; I run them on my M2.0 Compact as well.

i-ZNgWFh7-XL.jpg

i-n7wSVs3-XL.jpg

• Like 8

Good looking pistola!

I had the chance to look over a 4" model last week, but no 3.6 in stock at my dealer of choice, The Gun Crew. Wasn't blown away with it, but am reserving final judgment until I run across the shorter barrel version. 

Edited by hipower

22 hours ago, hipower said:

Good looking pistola!

I had the chance to look over a 4" model last week, but no 3.6 in stock at my dealer of choice, The Gun Crew. Wasn't blown away with it, but am reserving final judgment until I run across the shorter barrel version. 

My dealer of choice also!  Reese, Brandon, and Henry are good people.

Edited by bduncan1231
added text

I'm impressed that not only is your wife carrying on her person, but it's also a real gun and not some wimpy pocket gun. Good for her! I hope that doesn't sound sexist, I just don't know many women that committed. 

4 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I'm impressed that not only is your wife carrying on her person, but it's also a real gun and not some wimpy pocket gun. Good for her! I hope that doesn't sound sexist, I just don't know many women that committed. 

My wife carries a Sheild. Before that she carried a Ruger SR9c. The LCP is mine.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Edited by Chucktshoes

Just now, Chucktshoes said:

My wife carries a Sheild. Before that she carried a Ruger SR9c.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

On her person? That's good. I'd rather my wife not carry at all that put it in her purse. 

9 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

On her person? That's good. I'd rather my wife not carry at all that put it in her purse. 

Yes, on her person. Off body carry is a no go. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Thanks!  Yeah, I'm fortunate that she decided very early against off-body carry thanks to a training class with some folks we both trusted.  @TN-popo you probably know them.  ;)

Is the 3.6” the same size as your 4” except for the barrel length? (Width, Height)

I’m trying to decide which I want. That length would make a difference in appendix carry, but I wouldn’t be carrying that way and I just don’t think that difference would be much in waistband carry? But the longer barrel has a little advantage.

Dang man, more holsters. :wall:

10 hours ago, DaveTN said:

Is the 3.6” the same size as your 4” except for the barrel length? (Width, Height)

I’m trying to decide which I want. That length would make a difference in appendix carry, but I wouldn’t be carrying that way and I just don’t think that difference would be much in waistband carry? But the longer barrel has a little advantage.

Dang man, more holsters. :wall:

Yep, dimensionally identical in every way except length ahead of the trigger guard.