Well, it's official!!

I am now officially a Wilson Bank & Trust customer and no longer have a dime in BOA. Went up this morning and closed out both of my accounts and had a nice young man meet and greet me and ask if he could help and I said yes sir. You can close both of my accounts and give me my money. Then the questions began as to why I was leaving BOA. I tried not to be to ugly so I said the service has gone down hill to far for my needs. He said and what needs are those and I said waiting at the drive up window for 20 mnutes while a reller ran from the window to the counter and back doing transactions for cars lined up in front of me. And he said what do you use the windown for the most and I said deposits and he began to explain about all the other new ways I could do it electronically and I said I don't want a machine to do what a person should be doing.

He continued typing and he said was that my only complaint and I said I also don't have any use for a bank that is against the Constitution and he said BOA was 100% behind the Constitution. I said then why have they requested all the firearms manufacturers to move their accounts and have stopped doing business with them. The 2A in a part of that Constitution and  evidently BOA does not like the 2A. He said BOA has still offered to make loans to any of them and I said loans yes banking business in general no. He said that he is not against the 2A personally. I thought about it a second and then I ask him what kind of hand gun he owned? He stumbled a little and said at the present time I don't own one and I said if your going to buy one what kind would you buy and he said he didn't know. He could not get me out of his office fast enough. He took me to the bank counter, gave me the paper work and walked away. I think I made him uncomfortable and got him out of his little soft and cooshie realm of reality.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2
39 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

I hope he had a little stain in his undies by the time you left.

I did mention that I have a carry permit and I carry most of the time and he said they don't have any issues with their customers being armed while in the bank which I was while there also but I was not printing at all so kept him guessing whether I was at the time or not. All I know for sure is he wanted to get rid of me as fast as possible and normally when I needed a cashiers check the bank officer would get it for me and bring it back to his office. He sent me to the counter and let the teller do all the paperwork to finish closing out my account and print the check. He did walk behind the counter and handed the teller the paper work on his part and got gone quick. No thank you for your 19 years of business or anything. 

Edited by bersaguy

I need to switch as well.  I use BoA and Suntrust right now and have been pissed at BoA for a long time.  I REALLY need to switch.  The damn convenience of a BoA ATM almost everywhere you look or go has been the only thiung keeping me there.  Their latest with the 2A is the final straw.  I just need to start shopping for a bank.  I dont really like SUntrust either though as their customer service sucks as well as their ATM software is antiquated,

I hate boa. They charged me 15 bucks a month to make my house payment for 14 years, then my bank was bought by SIMMONS banks and all of a sudden the charge stopped. SIMMONS must be owned by boa is the only thing I can figure. If I could refinance I would. I’m still paying 8 1/4 % interest. 

13 minutes ago, dralarms said:

I hate boa. They charged me 15 bucks a month to make my house payment for 14 years, then my bank was bought by SIMMONS banks and all of a sudden the charge stopped. SIMMONS must be owned by boa is the only thing I can figure. If I could refinance I would. I’m still paying 8 1/4 % interest. 

Not to derail the thread, but Holy Cow! You need to refinance immediately. What have you been waiting for? Interest rates have been lower than ever before and are now going to start getting higher, so this is your best opportunity. You can probably refinance to a 10 or 15 year loan and still have the same payment.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, analog_kidd said:

Not to derail the thread, but Holy Cow! You need to refinance immediately. What have you been waiting for? Interest rates have been lower than ever before and are now going to start getting higher, so this is your best opportunity. You can probably refinance to a 10 or 15 year loan and still have the same payment.

True but not in a situation to where I could right now. 

I love how you asked him what kind of gun he owned. That was a genius response to him.

I was hoping he would have thrown a name of a gun out there so I could have said damn what are you doing with a piece of junk like that and then through out some really high end gun and told him he needs to get something that he can really defend himself with and get a dialog started but I don't think he was able to give me an answer without sounding stupid so he dodged it.

Being self employed sucks when it comes time to get someone to loan you money. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, dralarms said:

Yeah it's not like anyone rewards you for having the balls to be something other than a corporate tool...

10 minutes ago, Raoul said:

Yeah it's not like anyone rewards you for having the balls to be something other than a corporate tool...

Ain’t that the truth. Did business with a loan company for over 30 years, new management moved in and refused my business because I refused to give them my tax return. I mean come on, I’ve gotten probably 20 loans over 30 years and always paid them off, if I got late I paid my fine with a smile. To go and change the rules for a well established customer is just nuts in my opinion 

1 hour ago, dralarms said:

Not if you pay taxes correctly and keep a written record of such.

2 hours ago, dralarms said:

How long a loan do you have??!?? 30 years?

7 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Not if you pay taxes correctly and keep a written record of such.

How long a loan do you have??!?? 30 years?

Yea it’s a 30 year note, I feel if I refinance now I’d just be paying that interest all over again. 

Dralarms,

You might want to go try a refi.   Whaddya got to lose?   Some bank, especially a smaller one, might just say YES!  And you might tell your current bank that's just what you're gonna do, and they might do something to retain your business.

2 minutes ago, QuackerSmacker said:

Dralarms,

You might want to go try a refi.   Whaddya got to lose?   Some bank, especially a smaller one, might just say YES!  And you might tell your current bank that's just what you're gonna do, and they might do something to retain your business.

Well after getting my home financed I was informed boa does not finance modular homes so it wouldn’t matter what I said to them they would not offer me anything. 

14 minutes ago, dralarms said:

Yea it’s a 30 year note, I feel if I refinance now I’d just be paying that interest all over again. 

You might want to look at an amortization schedule. Anyway, just pay the damned thing off and forget it.

11 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

You might want to look at an amortization schedule. Anyway, just pay the damned thing off and forget it.

If I win the powerball tonight they will be my first call once the check clears. Lol

Just picking numbers out of the air, $100k @ 8.25% is about $750 a month for 30 years. At 3.5% it's $450 a month, or $715 at 15 years. You will NOT pay that interest again. Given these made up numbers, at 8.5% you would pay an extra $170k just in interest on top of the $100k! 3.5% for 15 years you would pay only $28k in interest. Google "Mortgage calculator" and run your own numbers. I think you'll find you are unnecessarily throwing good money away.

I would make it my new mission to call every bank in the county till I found someone that will loan me the money. Screw BOA, if they are the only ones you asked. Go to a Credit Union, they are a little more relaxed about loans. Trust me, if you sold your place, the people buying it would get a loan from someone. You can too.

• Like 1

Proof that you can get one.

Just so you know on mine, we had a 1st and second mortgage.  It started at a total of 100% of the house value when we got them. We were less than 1/3rd way into the 1st mortgage and had mediocre credit (at best) at that point. My credit union barely blinked before they approved me for the savings above. 

As easy as applying is in the scheme of things, it is worth the bit if time to get the numbers from them. Worst you might have to do is set up a checking or savings with the financial institution you get it through. Probably won't even need much cash in it unless they are auto drafting it out of that account. 

Here is a random mortgage calculator I pulled up. To be easy you could use 5% at this point as the APR. Actual interest rate might be less than that though depending on your credit and the bank/cu

https://www.mortgagecalculator.org

I waited too long and did not save as much as I could have myself. And I regret that now. If you need help, PM me, I can give you more specific info.

Edited by Ronald_55

We're probably making some unfair assumptions about DrAlarms situation. Not everyone is in the position to refinance. 

Having said that. @dralarms, it would probably be a great idea to at least try to refinance. If analog Kidd is right(which I assume he is), you could basically cut your monthly payment in half. Or better yet, keep the same payment and pay it off in 1/2 the time. You would save thousands in interest.

Edited by Erik88

@Erik88 and @dralarms Basically I was just chiming in because lots of people are hesitant to look into it. Either they feel it is too much trouble or will hurt their credit. Really it is not and will not. All cases are different though. I just hate to see people paying more than they have to. At one point my mortgage was such a burden I actually contemplated filing bankruptcy on it. So I have been where I could not afford to refinance. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, dralarms said:

Ain’t that the truth. Did business with a loan company for over 30 years, new management moved in and refused my business because I refused to give them my tax return. I mean come on, I’ve gotten probably 20 loans over 30 years and always paid them off, if I got late I paid my fine with a smile. To go and change the rules for a well established customer is just nuts in my opinion 

This day in time your not a customer my friend. You are merely a number on a piece of paper and in 99.5% of the time when you walk in the door and they have no clue who you are.