Reply to Being banned from TGO

On 7/13/2018 at 7:33 PM, TGO David said:

That's pretty damned funny!  Years ago I ran a forum for performance car enthusiasts here in Nashville.  Halloween and New Years Eve parties with the moderating team meant "drunken bannings" which were exactly what they sounded like.  Folks got their avatars changed to some really questionable things, temporarily, during the process.

It was all in good fun and the members absolutely loved it.

Of course, that was back before my kids and before I was trying to be a responsible adult.  :)

I'm on a site that has "Hosts @ Admins Day" at random times, usually only about once every few years. For that day, the H&As have absolute power to do anything they want. Posts, avatars, signatures, etc. can all get changed at the whim of an H&A. Certain words are auto-replaced with other words to hilarious effect on the uninitiated, entire boards disappear and are replaced with something else, usually a parody of the board that was removed, crazy stuff in general. H&As make arbitrary and often capricious rules as they see fit, and change them anytime they want throughout the day. Rule violations come with a variety of punishments from being pounced on by the peanut gallery on up to and including being banned for the rest of the day.

Then the next day it's (mostly) all reversed and put back to normal. There are usually a few lingering effects (like maybe an Admin is slow to return some particularly butt-hurt member's avatar to normal), but it's fun and a good way for H&As to blow off some steam.

• Haha 1
43 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Thugs thinking a “No Guns” signs on a private residence means there are no guns could possibly end badly for them. It could mean “Gun Control is in effect…I control all the guns.”

Are you really gonna give that much credit to thugs that they would think there are guns in the house?? They blow past the gun buster signs in stores and rob them all the time. Do you think a gun buster house would slow them down????? Your realy giving them way to much credit for being smart...............:clap:

I have a sign in my front window with a picture of a shotgun that says:

Private Property! I have posted it to you in english! Do I need to say it in 12 gauge!!!

I don't really have a shotgun. I have 2 of them.

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, bersaguy said:

Do you think a gun buster house would slow them down????? Your realy giving them way to much credit for being smart...............:clap:

I know firsthand criminals aren’t smart; that was my point. Criminals also don’t fear guns (unless they are in the commission of an act where deadly force is justified.); but let a K9 show up and see what happens.

19 hours ago, Murgatroy said:

I am pretty old now, and I have been in that community for long enough that noobs could legally buy alcohol now... I refuse to be a responsible adult. Facts notwithstanding. 

Crap, not even noobs, cats not even born yet... Getting old sucks.

On 7/15/2018 at 2:02 PM, DaveTN said:

I know firsthand criminals aren’t smart; that was my point. Criminals also don’t fear guns (unless they are in the commission of an act where deadly force is justified.); but let a K9 show up and see what happens.

Funny story. I had a suspect flee into the woods in front of my car. Long story short, I called to him to come out in which he wouldn't. I then said loudly that I would release the dog to which he quickly came out of the woods with his hands up. Dogs get their attention in a heartbeat!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I had no dog. Just the threat was good enough.

Edited by SWJewellTN
Clarity
  • Haha 1
31 minutes ago, SWJewellTN said:

Funny story. I had a suspect flee into the woods in front of my car. Long story short, I called to him to come out in which he wouldn't. I then said loudly that I would release the dog to which he quickly came out of the woods with his hands up. Dogs get their attention in a heartbeat!

I think they figure they have a chance of out running you and if you catch them your not going to bite them several times like a K-9 will  plus they know they can't out run them................:rock: 

9 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

Can we deploy drone mounted tasers next? Then we could video the antics.  

Just put camera's on the dogs and watch the fun when bad guy is trying to climb a tree with dog holding on to his butt!!