Any Ruger Security 9 owners with a lot of rounds down range ?

tercel89

Anyone here have a Security 9 with a high round count and usage ? I am just seeing how they are doing. Any problems ? How is function ? Any premature rust on them ?  I was about to get one back the first of this year but held off in case there were any teething problems.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I went and got the Secuity 9's little brother the LCPII . Same action with the small hidden hammer , the front slide serrations , last round slide hold open (unlike the older LCP) . I like it so far. It's the smallest carry gun I ever had. It has eaten Federal American Eagle 95 gr FMJ very well. I coated it real good with some Ballistol and now carrying it . This thing is really going to spoil me. Being able to put it in my pocket with it's supplied pocket holster without having to use a belt and holster is VERY convienent. I do like the Ruger supplied pocket holster that it came with but I ordered a DeSantis Superfly . It's a little more easier to get it out of the pocket.

FullSizeR (23).jpg

• Like 2
Just now, hipower said:

Looks and sounds good. Personally, I've not seen the LCPll, so I really can't make any intelligent comments on it.

I will say it has to be better than the previous 2 LCP incarnations. lol

I have had a small NAA .22LR revolver but they are so small it was like a novelty type gun but this LCP II is way more practical. Plus I think center-fire ammo is more reliable.

• Like 1

I've got about 100 rounds through my Security 9.  Had one failure to feed in the first magazine, but no problems since then.  And I'm feeding it garbage.  I've been seriously considering swapping out my TCP for that LCPII for pocket carry.

• Like 1

I've been curious about the Security 9 too, but haven't had the chance to look at one.

A friend of mine has the LCPII & loves it. As far as I know he's never had any problems out of it. He says the only issue is the cost of .380 ammo. The LCP & LCPII feel way too small for me so I pocket carry a LC9s & really like it.

• Like 1

I wear shorts all year round , even in Tennessee winters so being able to carry a gun with no belt and no belt worn holster is very nice. I only wanted to try the Security 9 since I was a Ruger fan and I am still hoping it will turn out as the present day "P-Series" like back in the 80's and 90's. Hopfully it does well. I'll still try and get one.

On 7/24/2018 at 10:24 PM, 1fast4by said:

Ive been looking fora g19 sized "truck gun" and have multiple times looked at the Security 9... Im interested if anyone has any further insight

My Sig SP2022 fits the bill perfectly for a truck gun, and it is fairly close to that size range. It is a good gun if you are ok with the DA/SA.