Remy Tac 14 or 20?

hipower

I'd like some commentary on the Remington Tac 12 or 20 Gauge shotguns.I'm considering buying one.

Really don't know much about shottys, so asking for thoughts and opinions on which is better for all round use. By that I mean home defense, car or truck carry, and which gauge to go for.

Thanks for any input.

I do know that Palmetto State has a great price on the 12 gauge right now.

That’s all I got.  I’ve only handled a Mossberg Shockwave and while I still can’t find much use for one, it would be cool to have.  The Shockwave holds one more round for 5+1, has the tang safety, and is sightly lighter.

I have traditionally been a Remington guy but the Mossberg is worth a look.

Edited by Garufa

I have only 12 gauge shotguns, but I wish i had one of those in 20.  Everything Ive read indicates that the damage done with a 20 is near that of a 12 but with significantly less felt recoil.  I want a small one in 20 for the car/truck.

1 minute ago, GhstFace38 said:

Once you figure out the grip that works for you it’s pretty accurate. 

That’s the kicker right there.  Recoil is not bad but trying to figure out how to hold on to the thing the first few rounds is exciting.   Even after that it’s just unnatural if you’re used to more convential shotguns.

Thanks guys. That is pretty much what I've been thinking.

How to hold and recoil management are big issues on this small platform.  As with Defender, I think i'd prefer the 20, but the PSA price is enticing. I keep getting the emails for back in stock, but when I look...they are gone again.

I could get the Tactical brace kit for it, but that negates the goodness of the size. lol Plus it's Butt-ugly on the shotty.

Garfua, I do have a Mossberg 590 that's several years old, so I would have no concerns on the Shockwave. Just have to find a really good price on one. 

5 hours ago, prag said:

These are intriguing shotguns.

Something I ran across in one of the many e-mails that hit my computer is a folding brace system from Suarez Intl.

I have no first hand knowledge of the quality, but the concept looks interesting. Obviously these things can get costly... ;)

https://suarezinternational.com/suarez-tac-14-folding-arm-brace-system/

That actually looks pretty good. Very interesting.

1 hour ago, Ronald_55 said:

I just noticed they make the Tac-14 in a DM model 

81348X_REM_870_DM_SYN_TACT_12ga_CYL_BS_T

Now...if I can combine the Suarez folder with this....That would be really interesting and fun!

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, hipower said:

That actually looks pretty good. Very interesting.

Now...if I can combine the Suarez folder with this....That would be really interesting and fun!

Fun and expensive. Lol. $6-700 retail if I look right....

Retail cost is why I can't have nice things. Lol

• Haha 1