Shoes???

I'm on my feet, and running around all day many days, a few years ago Fleet Feet in Brentwood fit me into a New Balance 990 with a pressure relief insole. As I looked for a second pair after a few months of being really happy with them I found that I can get them US made from the New Balance customization website. Never would have believed I could get US made/assembled custom built NBs for the same price as the retail ones.

34998419753_0853d739cc_c.jpg

NB99-1 by Erik, on Flickr

32238163945_fd764f2e27_c.jpg

NB99-2 by Erik, on Flickr

1 hour ago, 2.ooohhh said:

I'm on my feet, and running around all day many days, a few years ago Fleet Feet in Brentwood fit me into a New Balance 990 with a pressure relief insole. As I looked for a second pair after a few months of being really happy with them I found that I can get them US made from the New Balance customization website. Never would have believed I could get US made/assembled custom built NBs for the same price as the retail ones.

34998419753_0853d739cc_c.jpg

NB99-1 by Erik, on Flickr

32238163945_fd764f2e27_c.jpg

NB99-2 by Erik, on Flickr

I firmly believe this to be the truth...USA made NB shoes are great! The cheapos found in the stores are made in China. They do not give support, are uncomfortable, and just will not hold up to the type of use people like us give them.

My chiropractor told me back in the early 80's that my cheap shoes were part of my back and leg pain. Richard(Totty...RIP my friend) told me, after looking at my inexpensive/cheap shoes..."Go spend at least $100 on a good pair of walking/running shoes and come back after you've worn them for a week."

I did just that. Searched all the big name brands and settled on New Balance for a very good and comfortable shoe and fit.

Need I say it? I've been wearing them since them. A foray once into Sketchers and Nike that didn't work out for the long term. My current, well worn pair(s), I purchased at the NB store in Green Hills. I can't find a number on them, but they were supposed to be the "second" best in their line at the time.

I guess I'll do some shoe shopping next week.

Thanks for all the info and recommendations I've found here. And Kahrman...I agree. That's all I've worn for years.

On 7/18/2018 at 5:47 PM, bersaguy said:

I'm looking for some really comfortable all around slip on pair of shoes and I am wondering how many folks here are wearing Sketchers and wanting to see if they are all they claim to be before I drop $70.00+ on a pair of shoes. Are there any folks here that can give an opinion on them????

Doug, get you a pair of Army combat boots. They have a proven track record. They come in two sizes, too big & too small. Plus, they're guaranteed not to slip, crack or peel, run down at the heel, or smell bad in wet weather.  Well........maybe not. 😁

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Grunt67 said:

Doug, get you a pair of Army combat boots. They have a proven track record. They come in two sizes, too big & too small. Plus, they're guaranteed not to slip, crack or peel, run down at the heel, or smell bad in wet weather.  Well........maybe not. 😁

I use to have a pair of them several years back could not wear them out but when I got home I threw them out. They never did fit exactly right............🤬

5 hours ago, Lumber_Jack said:

semantics (mine are boots)

Doh, I guess boots are technically slip on shoes. I thought it was kinda strange you were talking about slip on shoes. I never really pictures you in a nice pair of Ferragamos. Lol