Walther PPS M2 w/ RMSc red dot sight

Grunt67

Walther has recently put this pistol on the market. I've had a hankering for this since David posted about it some months ago on Shooters Nation.

The RMSc is a compact version of the Shield used on larger pistols. Walther mills the slide at the factory, comes complete with RMSc mounted, plus a plate to use if you need to remove the sight.

Your standard iron sights will co-witness with the RMSc installed.

The PPS M2 RMSc is the same pistol as the PPS M2. MSRP is $699, tho you can get it a few $$ less from a dealer.

My problem is, haven't been able thus far to lay my hands on one. I want to see if this will work for me. My old eyes aren't what they used to be, as far as focusing on iron sights. Possibly the red dot will help, maybe not.

Reviews on the Walther forum from those who have bought one, really like it.  We'll see,......if I can get my paws on one for a few.

PPS M2 RMS.jpg

• Like 1

I have Shields 1.0 and 2.0 and PPS M1 and M2.   All four are fine guns, but the PPS M1 is the least ergonomic (just a little blocky) and has the heaviest trigger.  The Shield 1.0 has an Apex trigger that is excellent.  The Shield 2.0 and PPS M2 are totally stock although I may put fiber optic sights on them someday.  I can't say I have a preference between the Shield 2.0 and the PPS M2, although I'd say the Shield 1.0 lags slightly behind those two if it has the stock trigger.  With an Apex trigger it is equivalent to the 2.0 (with the exception of the more textured grip, which not everyone likes).  I'd say one of these sights on a Shield 1.0 would be an extremely cool gun.  Only reason I haven't done it is I'm afraid if i start liking red dots, I'd have a lot of full-size guns that would need optics.

In the interests of science you should put one of these on a Shield 1.0 and file a report for all of us.  :)

Cheers,

Whisper

I have no experience with the S&W Shield or the PPS M1, so I can't say. I do love the PPSM2, but not every shoe fits all feet.  Reports thus far ( early ) are very favorable for the PPS M2 RMSc, so I may in the future get one, funds are also an issue right now, so.....

BTW, the Shield  RMSc sight is made by Shield in UK. This was milled down width wise to accommodate the PPS slim width. There is a regular width for other applications. One or the other  may work on your S&W , if you want to give it a go. The RMSc also has a 4MOA dot. Unit stays on all the time & self adjusts for light. Battery life is approx. 2 - 3 yrs.

• 3 weeks later...

I would try to get a look at one in person if you have not had red dots in the past. I found red dots and old eyes dont always get along with one another. Specifically if you have any astigmatism at all, you may get some flare. Its still functional, but may not be what you expect or potentially disappointing.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Erich said:

I would try to get a look at one in person if you have not had red dots in the past. I found red dots and old eyes dont always get along with one another. Specifically if you have any astigmatism at all, you may get some flare. Its still functional, but may not be what you expect or potentially disappointing.

That's exactly what my intentions are. I want to pick one up, fondle it, see how it fits my eyes, etc. May help, may not. I won't order one without knowing what I'm getting. 

As far as the weapon/sight itself, all reports on the Walther forum have been good. The PPS M2 RSMc is the same as the PPS M2 without the red dot, so no issues there.