Reporting a felon with firearms

Ok, this happened at work yesterday. I and a few coworkers was joking with this newish female coworker about something and she said she'd shoot us and I joked back she doesn't know how to shoot. Then she said she does and her husband has all these guns like a AR, a Desert Eagle and a few Glocks. Only thing is he's a convicted felon and a violent one at that.

Then I asked her if she had any felons and she said no, so I asked if she got them for him.

"No, they're all stolen and the serial numbers scratched off." 

Me: 😬 Ok then.

Ok, keep in mind we've only known her for a month and a half and she's telling us this. And I looked the guy up and let me say he shouldn't have guns, hell he shouldn't be out of jail.

My question is who, in Clarksville, would I report this to?

Also, he sells drugs in Lincoln Homes. You know how I found that out? I just asked her what her husband does.

"I'm going to go pick up my husband after work."

"Oh what does he do?"

"He sells drugs."

"😳... Does he have another job?"

"No. he can't get one cause he has to many felons."

Oh, and she told me all that when she only know me for two weeks.

25 minutes ago, DWARREN123 said:

Call the Clarksville Police department and ask to speak to someone about this, explain what was said and by whom.

It may be very important to keep someone alive.

If he finds out shes blabbing all of this to almost total strangers it may be her life you would be saving............. Hell , if he finds out shes been blabbing he may show up at her workplace to shut her up. It's a sure thng somoen beter tell someone. Remember, if you know something say something??? Now might be a great time to do that.............JMHO

1 hour ago, pops572 said:

There might be one or two LEO’s from Clarksville on this very forum. Not naming names, but if you wanna PM me........

Now that I think about it my sister is friends with a detective or two, when I see her this weekend I'll ask for their numbers. You know talk to them directly. 

1 hour ago, bersaguy said:

If he finds out shes blabbing all of this to almost total strangers it may be her life you would be saving............. Hell , if he finds out shes been blabbing he may show up at her workplace to shut her up. It's a sure thng somoen beter tell someone. Remember, if you know something say something??? Now might be a great time to do that.............JMHO

Oh trust me they're made for each other. Been married ten years with 4 kids and she's got a few mugshots herself, I've seen them.

And they've beaten, stabbed, pistol whipped each other over the dumbest things.

2 minutes ago, FortKnox said:

Oh trust me they're made for each other. Been married ten years with 4 kids and she's got a few mugshots herself, I've seen them.

And they've beaten, stabbed, pistol whipped each other over the dumbest things.

So you’ve got two a-holes, with four little felons in the making.  

I am the type to mind my own business if someone else's business don't interfere with mine. Maybe even question my career choices if these are my peers...

But I grew up rough, and I firmly believe in 'snitches get stitches.' Your mileage may vary. I live a very good life now. Drama like this isn't part of it, and hasn't been for years.

• Moderators

This is an odd thread. I'd nearly think it wasn't serious but by all accounts you seem serious. It seems the simple thing to do, if you wish, is simply pickup the phone and call the local non emergency number for the police. Tell them you'd like to report suspected theft, drug use, and felony possession of firearms. I guarantee you that if they aren't who you should talk to, they will very quickly transfer you to that person...

All in all...be careful.Personally, posting about it on a public forum in my opinion isn't the best thing to do.

Edited by CZ9MM
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, XxthejuicexX said:

I read that and I think someone is pulling your leg. I don't work with her so you have a better feel for that situation obviously. 

She isn't. Again I've looked them both up and they have alot of mugshots. And I've read a few reports on him.

Edited by FortKnox
5 hours ago, Murgatroy said:

I am the type to mind my own business if someone else's business don't interfere with mine. Maybe even question my career choices if these are my peers...

I'm the same way. I don't care that he's a felon that sells drugs or that they sell food stamps (yes really) and if it stopped there I wouldn't care.

But, the fact that he's a violent felon with stolen guns and kids running around the place I feel I have to do something.

I mean, hell, look at the last couple of shootings that could been stopped with the info that was available but, no one did anything. I don't think it would be right if I didn't at least try to do something.

Edited by FortKnox
3 hours ago, FortKnox said:

I mean, hell, look at the last couple of shootings that could been stopped with the info that was available but, no one did anything. I don't think it would be right if I didn't at least try to do something.

The Police depend on citizens for information to help keep our communities safe. You don’t have to give your name or make yourself known. Once they have the information it’s up to them to investigate it and determine if it’s a real threat or not.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, FortKnox said:

I'm the same way. I don't care that he's a felon that sells drugs or that they sell food stamps (yes really) and if it stopped there I wouldn't care.

But, the fact that he's a violent felon with stolen guns and kids running around the place I feel I have to do something.

Simply pickup the phone and call the local non emergency number for the police. Tell them you'd like to report suspected theft, drug use, and felony possession of firearms. I guarantee you that if they aren't who you should talk to, they will very quickly transfer you to that person...

That's it. Do it from a payphone if you wish. In my opinion, you are severely overthinking this if this is something you indeed wish to do.

• Moderators

And although the chances of any of the following are unlikely, they are possible and let me also state that stranger things have happened.

What if by chance the he or her were a member here. Let us not be naive against the fact that a lot of felons thrive on gun-trader types of setups. Lets imagine that he was a member here simply to look for guns to buy. He sees the post you created and realizes that it is them that you are talking about.

He uses that piece of information to retaliate against her for being dumb (literally, why would she confess all of that stuff?) and then hide any incriminating evidence. You finally get around to doing whatever it is that you are going to do, the cops go investigate, and there is no evidence of drugs or firearms to be found since you unknowingly  gave them a weeks head notice.

I am very tempted to hide this thread. Multiple times it has been suggested what to do. It is my opinion that you are simply (potentially) making matters worse for you by discussing it on this public forum. 

This smells a bit to me. Is it possible that you all are being set up? Why would some lady tell a group that her husband, who is a felon, has a bunch of guns that have the serial numbers scratched off and were stolen.