Pocket holster recomendations for Ruger LCP II

Got me a Ruger LCP II and it came with a Ruger pocket holster. The pocket holster is good but I cant seem to draw the gun without the holster coming out with the gun. I am wanting a good functional pocket holster for my front pocket. Leather would be nice. Back several years ago I had a Beretta Tomcat and I bought a leather pocket holster for it.  I cant think of who made it. I believe it was a Tennessee guy. Any recommendations on pocket holsters ? Leather or nylon , any information is welcome. Here's my LCP II below .

IMG_2974.jpg

You can make your own pocket holster using a gallon water jug (or milk jug) and gaffers tape (duct tape). I posted how to do it a few years ago on TGO. You can adjust the depth for pocket depth and the hook to make sure it doesn't come out of your pocket. I haven't made a new one in years, but it's easy to do.

Edited:  Here you go from 2015...

I make my own pocket holsters using a one gallon water jug and gaffers tape. Here is a link to the process.

http://www.thektog.org/forum/f87/milk-jug-pocket-holsters-256713/

The advantages of this for a pocket holster are...

1. They are super thin. If you want to hide something in your front pocket, the holster needs to be as thin as possible. 

2. You can contour the holster to fit against your leg and to fit how you want it to fit in your pocket. I have some holsters that are longer so the gun presents higher in a really deep pocket. That is, the bottom inch or two is just pocket filler to raise the tiny gun higher in the pocket.

3. You can shape the "hook" so it becomes almost impossible for the holster to come out when you draw. I see this as a huge plus. I have to unholster the gun to remove the holster, but it can be pocketed with the weapon with no problem.

4. It's cheap... a roll of gaffers tape is $12 and the water jug is free or only a dollar if you don't have one available. You can use duct tape, but it looks awful, as you can see in the pictures in the above link. Gaffers tape doesn't leave a visible tape residue.

Here's a pic from the above link showing a tiny KelTec P3-AT in a DeSantis and a Glock 26 in a milk jug holster. They are almost the same width!

The P3-AT in the DeSantis holster is 1 3/16" wide... actually it's even wider until the sides are compressed in your pocket. The gun in the milk jug holster on the right is 1 5/16" wide, a barely noticeable difference in the pocket, but it's a Glock 26!

CIMG2283.JPG

Edited October 14, 2015 by jgradyc
  •  
Edited by jgradyc
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Jeb48 said:

I use the DeSantis Super Fly on my LCP the shape looks like a wallet when it is in your pocket. The square part is Velcroed on if you want it smaller. I think I spent around $30 for mine so shop around.

https://www.desantisholster.com/super-fly/

I think you are exactly correct ! I did a load of searching last night online looking at holsters and then went out to several paces today to check out holsters. I think I have settled on the DeSantis Superfly. I thought I wanted leather like I carried my Beretta Tomcat in but I think the leather is too fat and heavy.

I came back to this thread and saw that my link about milk jug holsters didn't work. In case others are interested, I'll try posting it again. If any TGOers are concerned about the holster coming out with the gun, this is the way to go. You can keep increasing the size of the hook (the part that extends out from the below the tip of the barrel) until it is almost impossible to remove the gun and the holster at the same time. 

Oh, I go for functionality, not appearance, in my holsters. It's not like I'm going to frame the holster and mount it on the wall. The duct tape holsters look bad, I agree, but the gaffers tape looks like regular pocket holster material at first glance.

https://www.thektog.org/threads/milk-jug-pocket-holsters.256713/#post-2246921

Edited by jgradyc
  • Like 2
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...