• Similar Content

• By AKVAT
      Thursday January 24th, 2019 6:30-8:00p.m. at AK Virtual Arms Training LLC 2662 Wears Valley Road, Sevierville, TN 37862
      Steel Challenge Competition Practice Social
      Build the discipline and skills necessary to compete in a live-fire Steel Challenge competition, while making new friends and having a BLAST!
      Steel Challenge Competition Practice Social will be at our comfortable and warm log cabin on Wears Valley Road.  Use our police and military grade firearms simulator, shot detection, surround sound and laser training pistols to build speed and accuracy under pressure.  It gets your heart going!  We have professional grade laser training Glock 17's, Smith & Wesson M&P, recoil enabled Beretta M9's and a recoil enabled AR-15.
      Comparing my scores from last years live-fire Steel Challenge, to this years live-fire Steel Challenge after using the simulator, I have seen a 20% overall score improvement for my Ruger Mark IV .22LR and a 13% overall score improvement for my Colt 1911 9mm.  I hope to get some improvement numbers on using my S&W M&P 15 .22lr in the next couple of weeks.  I am using the recoil enabled AR-15 at the simulator range to practice.  I am excited!!
      The simulator DOES improve shooting times and accuracy.  And there are no worries about ammo costs.  Come by and see for yourself.  You will not be disappointed.
      The cost is $15 per person and includes competition, scoring, use of laser enabled firearm, unlimited shots and coaching. Recoil enabled firearms have an additional gas fee.

• By AKVAT
      Saturday January 19th, 2019 2:00-4:00p.m.
      The cooler weather makes great indoor handgun competition season! Our simulator competitions are a great way to beat cabin fever, have fun, get dry fire practice, meet new friends and it is very inexpensive when you consider live-fire ammo costs!
      What is an IPSC competition? We have professional grade, fully animated, mathematically correct simulator software that moves through 5 different stages and each stage has 3-4 individual runs.  There is no time limit.  Whoever has the best time, most hits, least misses and least penalties wins!  There are  cardboard double tap targets, steel single shot targets and the dreaded Texas Star!  The simulator gives the feeling that you are moving with the targets.  Check out our video on the home page of our website, it shows some of the IPSC stages in motion.  It is similar to IDPA.
      We will be using the S&W M&P’s and Glock 17’s for this competition.
      The cost is $15 per person and includes competition, scoring, use of laser enabled firearm, unlimited shots and coaching.
      The simulator DOES improve shooting times and accuracy.  And there are no worries about ammo costs.  Come by and see for yourself.  You will not be disappointed.  Advanced registration is required.  Please contact us to reserve.
      http://www.akvat.com
      AK Virtual Arms Training LLC Laser Range 2662 Wears Valley Road Sevierville, TN 37862

• By BHG123
      I have not been to Tac2 (E. Tenn) for a while for Steel Challenge.  I checked their website, and it looks like the dates have been reworked for their events.  It used to be the Second Sunday of the month following IDPA.  There is still a page on their website that says that.  HOWEVER, it seems like their updated calendar says Steel Challenge is this Sunday the 25th.
      I have sent an email and left a phone message.  I need to make arrangements several days in advance to go, like today, so I am hoping one of you know the answer to my question.
      It is about an hour and a half drive for me to go one way.  I am not going to take a 3 hour round trip drive without knowing for sure.
      Thanks for any info you can give!

The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines