Disturbing Info about our Vaunted Leader

14 hours ago, KahrMan said:

I just found that our very own @TGO David eats his steaks medium well to well done. 

🤮

SMH 

Yeah, I've tried eating a shoe before as well. I didn't like it. I have just about gotten to the point that I won't order a steak at a restaurant any more. Long ago I used to order well done. That never worked out well for me. I switched to medium well, but that wasn't great either. If I do order a steak anywhere nowadays, I order medium. But even then it's usually dry by the time it gets to the table. I'd rather just grill one at home. 

Edited by res308
  • Moderators
9 hours ago, KahrMan said:

I just found that our very own @TGO David eats his steaks medium well to well done. 

🤮

SMH 

Hey, everyone deserves a trial by a jury of their peers. How do we know these absurd allegations against him are true? Also, everyone has a right to face his/her accuser.

1 hour ago, CZ9MM said:

Hey, everyone deserves a trial by a jury of their peers. How do we know these absurd allegations against him are true? Also, everyone has a right to face his/her accuser.

Straight from the horses mouth when discussing using sous vide to cook steaks...

Well done.  I'm going to try Medium-Well next time since I know how incredibly accurate this method is.  Normally I err on the side of "too cooked" because neither of us like our steaks anything less than Medium-Well.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, KahrMan said:

Straight from the horses mouth when discussing using sous vide to cook steaks...

May not be admissable unless you can prove he was the one that typed it.

180?cb=20120704065846

Edited by CZ9MM
12 hours ago, KahrMan said:

🤮

SMH 

I see no problem with that. 

Mature, sane individuals like ourselves appreciate the fine flavor of a properly done cut of beef. 😜

In fact, I plan to do just that this evening.

Edited by hipower

I have always ordered my steaks rare and when asked how rare I said when I put a knife in it I want it to Moooo!!

There has been several times when I would be out with family and friends and order a steak a few people would ask for another table cause they knew my steak would be bloody depending on how aged the meat was. A well aged steak will not bleed when cut.

I grilled a steak for supper last evening. On a very hot grill ready at 450 on gauge, steak hit the grill pad, cooked 3 minutes on each side and hit the plate. New York strip 1 inch thick. Darby liked it also. Believe it or not a 1 inch steak @450 degrees will reach 170 degrees in the center in just a tad over 2.5 minutes.  

I don't know if anyone had bought one of those Copper Chef Grill mats that Amazon sells but I bought 2 of them at Walgreens about a month ago and I dearly love them. Food cooks great on them and tastes great on them and they are dishwasher safe but I just run mine threw hot soapy dish water in sink.................:up: 

• Like 5
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, bersaguy said:

I have always ordered my steaks rare and when asked how rare I said when I put a knife in it I want it to Moooo!!

There has been several times when I would be out with family and friends and order a steak a few people would ask for another table cause they knew my steak would be bloody depending on how aged the meat was. A well aged steak will not bleed when cut.

I grilled a steak for supper last evening. On a very hot grill ready at 450 on gauge, steak hit the grill pad, cooked 3 minutes on each side and hit the plate. New York strip 1 inch thick. Darby liked it also. Believe it or not a 1 inch steak @450 degrees will reach 170 degrees in the center in just a tad over 2.5 minutes.  

I don't know if anyone had bought one of those Copper Chef Grill mats that Amazon sells but I bought 2 of them at Walgreens about a month ago and I dearly love them. Food cooks great on them and tastes great on them and they are dishwasher safe but I just run mine threw hot soapy dish water in sink.................:up: 

This thing?

Interesting.

Not for meat (directly), but I've always wanted one of these. You put it on your grill (or in the oven, I suppose) and get it really hot. Then you use a pizza peel and place the pizza on the "stone". I've never tried it, but what I've read is that it works very, very well for making good crusts.

3 hours ago, bigun said:

Correct way to order a steak is knock his horns off, wipe his a$$ and trout him on out.

Had a friend once who, ordered his steak by saying, "  Tell the chef to throw my steak at the grill, but catch it before it gets there!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1