Disturbing Info about our Vaunted Leader

2 hours ago, Omega said:

Well, first I like my steak naked, though my wife makes CFS every now and then and I'm obligated to eat it.聽 As to the gravy, white only for S.O.S and on Biscuits, everything else takes brown gravy.

I sure do miss Mrs Winners Chicken! They had some biscuits and gravy that was out of this world and I ate it almost every morning till they went out of business.....鈽癸笍

6 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I sure do miss Mrs Winners Chicken! They had some biscuits and gravy that was out of this world and I ate it almost every morning till they went out of business.....鈽癸笍

They had a Mrs Winners here, right across one of the gates to the base, that was a staple breakfast until they closed it down.

25 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

They had the best chicken biscuit in the business.

• Like 2

There was a Mrs. Winner here in Brentwood and I ate many biscuits and gravy and chicken biscuits for breakfast. 聽The only place around here that biscuits and gravy that was as good as Mrs. Winners was Krogers back when the deli served breakfast.

I know I sure liked them a lot more than Popeyes. I have tried to eat at Popeyes twice and unless you take a hammer to break the food up you can't eat it. When they say crunchy they are really underestimating it. I tried the chicken once and the Shrimp once and have not been back!!! I have noticed that KFC's chicken has really gone down hill also. That new crispy Colonel needs to teach his folks how to cook chicken and I think they lost the secret recipe to the original chicken. I went there twice and ordered a bucket of Original and when I go聽home and opened the bucket the stuff looked like it had spent 3 days in the warmer. I threw it out. I went back again about a week later and got the same junk in the bucket but this time I opened it before I left and I told them to just give me my money back and they could keep that junk. I have not been back there either!!!!!

2 hours ago, bersaguy said:

I know I sure liked them a lot more than Popeyes. I have tried to eat at Popeyes twice and unless you take a hammer to break the food up you can't eat it. When they say crunchy they are really underestimating it. I tried the chicken once and the Shrimp once and have not been back!!! I have noticed that KFC's chicken has really gone down hill also. That new crispy Colonel needs to teach his folks how to cook chicken and I think they lost the secret recipe to the original chicken. I went there twice and ordered a bucket of Original and when I go聽home and opened the bucket the stuff looked like it had spent 3 days in the warmer. I threw it out. I went back again about a week later and got the same junk in the bucket but this time I opened it before I left and I told them to just give me my money back and they could keep that junk. I have not been back there either!!!!!

I like Popeyes,聽 and KFC's pot pies are great, but I think it depends on the actual franchise location, good workers are hard to come by.聽聽

7 hours ago, mikegideon said:

I'm fine with brown gravy where it's supposed to go, like on mashed potatoes with roast beef or pork. Can't put brown gravy on mashed potatoes with Chicken Fried Steak, though. That causes me serious trauma.

Yeah, I meant Brown gravy on chicken fried steak just ain't right.

I had Home made gravy and biscuits this morning, pretty damn tasty.

• Like 1

I don't care for yard bird. I like cow. I like bison. I like hybrids of the two. I will eat pig if those aren't available, or pig with them in the form of bacon. And go have mercy on your soul if you try tricking me into eating turkey disguised as beef...

1 hour ago, Murgatroy said:

I don't care for yard bird. I like cow. I like bison. I like hybrids of the two. I will eat pig if those aren't available, or pig with them in the form of bacon. And go have mercy on your soul if you try tricking me into eating turkey disguised as beef...

Picky, aren't we? :)聽 Yard bird, cow, bison, pig, pig, rabbit, raccoon, goat, and pig. Any turkey is great when it looks like a turkey.聽

Almost forgot... Rabbits, tree rats, and frogs.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

Picky, aren't we? :)聽 Yard bird, cow, bison, pig, pig, rabbit, raccoon, goat, and pig. Any turkey is great when it looks like a turkey.聽

Almost forgot... Rabbits, tree rats, and frogs.

I am getting old and can afford to be picky. I just don't like yardbird. Or turkey when it is disguised. I have fallen for that too many times and questioned all that I held dear. That evil woman even tricked me into drinking soy milk once. What kinda devilry is that?

• Haha 3
10 minutes ago, Murgatroy said:

I am getting old and can afford to be picky. I just don't like yardbird. Or turkey when it is disguised. I have fallen for that too many times and questioned all that I held dear. That evil woman even tricked me into drinking soy milk once. What kinda devilry is that?

Soy milk should be against the law outside of California. Those folks deserve it. We don't.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Murgatroy said:

I make a turkey burger that would probably change your mind but It's also covered in melted cheese, green onion, bacon and mayo. There is no substitute for a good beef burger but that turkey burger is a good change of pace. I like to have steak ground up so I can grill my burgers medium rare and cover them in blue cheese from time to time.

12 hours ago, Mike.357 said:

Bojangles is good no matter where it is.

I agree but there is not a lot of them around. I use to like Churches Chicken as it was fried almost like homemade and had great biscuits but they are gone too.聽

I just had a friend stop by the house about an hour ago and he brought me a dozen tomatoes in different levels of ripeness including Green ones for frying聽so I could eat them as they got ripe, also brought me 8 nice size Cucumbers and to top it off har brought me 10 zip lock quart size bags of Crappie Filets He said each bag had 12-15 filets in them and they are frozen in water. Gonna be eaten good for a while anyhow..........LOL

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I just had a friend stop by the house about an hour ago and he brought me a dozen tomatoes in different levels of ripeness including Green ones for frying聽so I could eat them as they got ripe, also brought me 8 nice size Cucumbers and to top it off har brought me 10 zip lock quart size bags of Crappie Filets He said each bag had 12-15 filets in them and they are frozen in water. Gonna be eaten good for a while anyhow..........LOL

Crappie is among my favorite foods.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mike.357 said:

there is plenty of Bojangles here.聽 聽Guess we got lucky with that.

Church's was good if you lived by it.聽 Good eating there.

Proximity to NC where it started. They've spread more southeast than northwest.聽