Disturbing Info about our Vaunted Leader

44 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

Me too. It's been a long time.

I think it was about 4 or 5 year back this same friend called me up and ask me if I had any room in my freezer and I said which one cause I have 3 and he said any of them and I said I always got a little room for emergencies  and he said well I got one. Listen to this emergency!! He and his son in law were wanting to go Crappie fishing but neither one of them had any room in their freezers so they could not go if they could not make some room so I said bring what you want to and I will find a place for it. He always freezes about 15 or maybe 20 Filets in a quart ziplock bag of water. He showed up at my house with 42 bags of filets. I had to empty my box type chest freezer into both of my refrigerator freezers to get them in but I got all 42 bags in the chest freezer. In the mix was three 1 gallon bags of filets in water that they had planned of having a big family fish fry the previous summer but it didn't happen so I got those also. I ate Crappie and gave bags of Crappie away for almost a year and now every time his freezer gets close to full he shows up with bags of Filets. He called today and is bringing more by tomorrow. We took those 3 big bags to a buddys house and called all of our friends together for a good old fashion fish fry and Butch cooked the filets in his Turkey deep Fryer and every one brought something to make it a meal. One guy went to Captain D's and bought about 10 lbs of Hush Puppies and it took Captain D's about 3.5 hours to get them done and still keep being able to serve them to the customers also coming in to eat.

My Kasey loved deep fried Crappie and that was her supper when I cooked Crappie. I have not tried Darby on any yet so don't know if she will like them or not.

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, bersaguy said:

Is that just a statement or a hint....................:shrug:

It's just.a statement, Doug. If I ever get caught up at work, I can probably go get my own.

What I need are some fishing lessons from you and your buddy!!!

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 2
42 minutes ago, xsubsailor said:

:hijack:

We're supposed to be talking about the Boss's fondness for eating shoe leather :D

I think it might be a veiled attempt to save some of our members from themselves. You know so that said leader does not ban them. Lol

13 hours ago, gregintenn said:

It's just.a statement, Doug. If I ever get caught up at work, I can probably go get my own.

What I need are some fishing lessons from you and your buddy!!!

Well my buddy Cleve is a Crappie/Bass angler and I am/was a Catfish/Bass Angler but since my health has declined I bass fish a little at night with Tommy and kinda depend on Cleve for any eating fish which is Crappie. Cleve lives on Old Hickory Lake and has a boat house on with a dock and he and his son in law put big brush piles and stake beds down all around the boat dock and they can walk down to the dock most any time of the year and get a limit of Crappie in 30 minutes.  

• Like 1
  • Moderators
9 minutes ago, Garufa said:

That’s the steak profile I like.  

The visible fat is an entirely different discussion.  I’m like a surgeon excising those bits when throwing down, lol.

You’re missing out. Fat is flavor. 

• Like 4
25 minutes ago, CZ9MM said:

Ok, I kid I kid.

Cauliflower “mashed potatoes”

1AC248CD-91D6-4017-9657-F4AB3D73DBF9.thumb.jpeg.49669df6e906bcd005b482b2fdc812e0.jpeg

AE8DC5DC-D0C5-45AF-9969-24821102E451.thumb.jpeg.e417fa796f17799012df223bf5b02284.jpeg

Cauliflower mashed potatoes are worse than an over cooked steak. If I eat cauliflower that is what it should look like. Mashed potatoes are potatoes. 

• Haha 1
  • Moderators
49 minutes ago, joe4vol said:

Cauliflower mashed potatoes are worse than an over cooked steak. If I eat cauliflower that is what it should look like. Mashed potatoes are potatoes. 

Well, we are both on the ketogenic diet. And we both loved them, maybe as much as actual potato’s. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, gregintenn said:

The steak looks good, but I wouldn't eat it after it touched the same plate as cauliflower.

I’d bet the steak that anyone complaining about he cauliflower would like the cauliflower. Fresh garlic. It was great. 

My Wife is like a witch in the kitchen; Everything she throws together is amazing. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, CZ9MM said:

I’d bet the steak that anyone complaining about he cauliflower would like the cauliflower. Fresh garlic. It was great. 

My Wife is like a witch in the kitchen; Everything she throws together is amazing. 

When I was a kid you could not get me near Cauliflower or Broccoli. Now as an adult I have only found 2 things I won't eat and didn't as a kid. Rudabaga and Crush Avacado/Guacamole. I would probably like Cauliflower mash potatoes.