Sacha's "Who is America?"

• Moderators

I know many here (as well as myself) will not agree with Sacha Baron Cohen politically, but that does not mean I do not find a lot of his stuff quite hilarious. This isn't a political thread, it isn't in the political section. This is commenting on Spencer, who recently resigned. I saw the related video Monday I think.

https://splinternews.com/georgia-politician-resigns-after-disgracing-himself-on-1827865040

I'd like to know the true, honest mindset of some of these politicians that he is trolling. Do they believe the "program" 100% or is it for some reason that they doubt it but go along with it anyway? Cohen has so far focused on making gun supporters look stupid in this "Who is America". However, I can at minimum find humor in things I even disagree with.

Edited by CZ9MM
  • Moderators
17 hours ago, Gotthegoods said:

So it's humor when Cohen and  Samantha Bee create mock interviews, but not when a conservative does it?

https://pjmedia.com/trending/satire-is-good-except-when-it-hurts-my-feelings/

I bet someone finds it funny, just like the inverse of me betting that some members here at TGO would not find Cohen's latest stint entertaining but rather insulting.

My point was, and is, simply that I can find humor in things regardless of political stance. I don't have to agree with you to laugh at certain things, even if you are doing them for political reasons.

The fact that Cohen was able to persuade, almost with zero effort at all, Spencer to lower his pants and act in the above manner is hilarious. It shows a sad side of our political system, regardless of whether Spencer had an (R) or (D) next to his name.

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, CZ9MM said:

I bet someone finds it funny, just like the inverse of me betting that some members here at TGO would not find Cohen's latest stint entertaining but rather insulting.

My point was, and is, simply that I can find humor in things regardless of political stance. I don't have to agree with you to laugh at certain things, even if you are doing them for political reasons.

The fact that Cohen was able to persuade, almost with zero effort at all, Spencer to lower his pants and act in the above manner is hilarious. It shows a sad side of our political system, regardless of whether Spencer had an (R) or (D) next to his name.

When he started speaking fake Chinese I thought it was hilarious. I'm still amazed Spencer was that stupid.

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

When he started speaking fake Chinese I thought it was hilarious. I'm still amazed Spencer was that stupid.

I would have honestly believed that some of these politicians he is screwing with were in on it. However, once I saw the same politicians filing lawsuits and then Spencer resigning, I'm pretty much on board with the story that they are all simply being fooled.

Really? Dropping one's pants as an attempt to disarm a terrorist? They would just shoot you.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, CZ9MM said:

The "N" word bit cracked me up too, as if that was a good idea for him to be filmed saying.

What cracks me up most of all is how enthusiastic Spencer was about everything.

When he showed him the upskirt photo of the mans johnson and said "do you know this man" I lost it. I halfway expected him to say "yes, I recognize that".

On 7/28/2018 at 1:06 PM, Chucktshoes said:

Yeah, I don’t really care about this idiot, but I can’t stand Sasha Baron Cohen. 

I can't stand him either but this is a new level of burn. 

The Roy Moore interview is rough.

"Alabama has a long history of equality for people of all races".

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I can't stand him either but this is a new level of burn. 

The Roy Moore interview is rough.

"Alabama has a long history of equality for people of all races".

Wow. I'm most impressed with how Cohen is able to keep a straight face.

• 3 weeks later...