.22cal mousegun recommendations

wareagle

Guys: I'd like to pickup another .22cal pistol. I'm looking for a very small, all metal, quality pistol that is reliable. I'd prefer stainless. I like the beretta tomcat and taurus pt-22, but have heard bad things about reliability. Does anyone have other suggestions?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tnmale46
Guys: I'd like to pickup another .22cal pistol. I'm looking for a very small, all metal, quality pistol that is reliable. I'd prefer stainless. I like the beretta tomcat and taurus pt-22, but have heard bad things about reliability. Does anyone have other suggestions?
i bought my daughter a pt-22 a few years ago no problems so far

ok, sounds like the taurus and beretta may be ok. I'm not really looking for a range gun, since I have a SS ruger mk-II that's about perfect for that application. I'm mainly looking for a pistol to keep in my pocket for defensive purpose (not all human). I have a snub .357 and XD-9 subcompact that are my carry choices.

I have an old Beretta model 70S that is a very good .22, they have not been made in many years, but if you ran across one it would be a good choice. I used mine as a hiking pistol for a long time and it has been fired thousands of times, I don't recall it ever failing.

I cant put much faith in a 22 for defense I mean I read the story on here too and how many times did the officer shoot that young guy before he went down and with a 40. I think and no drugs were found in his system. I guess it could be a last ditch gun but it might be better to have it as a RAT gun instead of a mouse gun ie. Rat shot instead of solid rounds and go for the face does'nt sound real nice but hay if dudes trying to kill you fairplay is out the friggin door brother its all about who makes it home then. I do know someone that carries one of the mini 22. revolvers in his vest pocket when he rides his bike. Good luck either way.:D

No one wants to get shot no matter how small the caliber....I would venture to say that more people have been killed with a .22 then any other caliber in a non-war setting.

+1

That's a good assumption. Most likely fact. If the stats were there, you you'd be right on.

I have a S&W 2214 that has been a pocket companion for over 20 years. Accurate and very reliable. Problem is they quit making them. Might see if you can find one used. I still don't understand why S&W quit making them, darn fine little pistol.

• 2 weeks later...

I just placed my order for the Bobcat 21A deluxe with the wood grips and the nicer bluing. I m probably going to get some nice scroll work done too. this will be a pass it down gun for sure. I had the older model and loved it but like a goof sold it for what i paid for it. from a friend to another friend... cheap!