Glock 36

tercel89

How's the Glock 36 now days ? Originally the 36 was hit and miss and it didn't have a light rail. I see now that it is still being produced by Glock and now has a light rail. So I assume it is better since it is still produced and all. Anyone here own one ? I am wondering about getting the 36 or the Shield 45 . The only thing I hate about the Shield 45 is the fact that the rear sight has to be removed to detail strip it as it holds the trigger/firing pin safety guts. I guess Glock has spoiled me .

How was the G36 hit or miss back in the day?  Being a Glock don’t they just work?

As a concerned S&W shareholder I highly recommend the Shield.  Detail stripping is way overrated and their stock has taken a beating the past few months.

I have a Glock 36 and really like it.  It's never malfunctioned and I shoot it about as well as my Glock 21.  It's about the same size as a Glock 26.  

I asked the same questions you did when I got it and the response was "it's a Glock and it just works."  That's been true for mine but others may differ.

After renting and shooting all the small .45s, I bought the Springfield XDs.  It came down to personal preference.  The Glock 36 was OK, but felt very unbalanced to me.  It didn't point naturally in my hand.  The XDs just felt better and shot better for me.

Like I said, personal preference.  Go rent them and put a couple mags through each.  That should help make your decision easier.

• Like 1

I had a Glock 36.  The only thing I found wrong with it and the reason I traded it, is it would pinch a blood blister on my pinky every time I shot it.  I found that the Glock 19 was just about the same size so I got the G-19.  I had to have another 45acp so I got a Walther PPQ-45. Which is an amazing pistol.  

3 hours ago, Will Carry said:

I had a Glock 36.  The only thing I found wrong with it and the reason I traded it, is it would pinch a blood blister on my pinky every time I shot it.  I found that the Glock 19 was just about the same size so I got the G-19.  I had to have another 45acp so I got a Walther PPQ-45. Which is an amazing pistol.  

Mine did the same. Pearce +0 extensions on the mags and a grip plug fixed it.

IMG_0793a.jpg

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 1

Carried a G36 most every day for 8 years until recently getting a G43 in the spring for summer carry. I too read some of the rumblings early on however ignored them a bought it anyway. It was a tough choice between the G30SF but decided on the G36 because of the single stack (wasn't many single stack options then). I've been happy with my choice every since and have no regrets. I have no idea how many rounds I've put through it but have no doubt it is in excess of 500. Never had one single hiccup. Like mikegideon, I also have have the Pierce +1 extension as well and primarily use it in the winter months when I have heavier clothing. It definitely makes range shooting more comfortable however I do not have any problems with the stock magazine. 

IMG_1766.jpg

IMG_1765.jpg

IMG_1764.jpg