INSANE Dashcam Footage Shows Roadside Shootout between Police, Suspect

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/insane-dashcam-footage/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=20180817_FridayDigest_187&utm_campaign=/blog/insane-dashcam-footage/

Profile-Pic-96x96.jpg

INSANE Dashcam Footage Shows Roadside Shootout between Police, Suspect

by JORDAN MICHAELS on AUGUST 13, 2018

Related Tags: Buzz, Dashcam, News, Police, Shootout

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Newly-released dashcam footage from a traffic stop in Pennsylvania shows just how quickly a routine arrest can turn deadly.

The video depicts two Pennsylvania State Troopers, Ryan Seiple and Seth Kelly, attempting to arrest 22-year-old Daniel K. Clary. The incident took place last year on November 7, 2017, and Clary was convicted in June of attempted murder of two police officers.

“The troopers were in a knock-down, drag-out fight along the side of the road with vehicles speeding by them, and it got very, very violent,” State Police Captain Richard D’Ambrosio told Fox29 after viewing the video of the altercation.

The video above begins after Seiple had already cited Clary for speeding, according to The Morning Call. Seiple began to suspect that Clary had been driving under the influence, and he asked the suspect to step out of the vehicle after Kelly arrived on the scene.

Clary begins to resist when Seiple and Kelly try to place him under arrest, and the subsequent fight lasts one minute and six seconds as cars speed past along Pennsylvania’s busy Route 33.

Seiple and Kelly both try to subdue Clary with Tasers and blows to the head, but the man continues to struggle. Seiple used his Taser on Clary twice and punched him five times, according to The Morning Call. Kelly tasered Clary five times, threw nine punches and kneed him once.

Clary tries to grab the officers’ weapons throughout the course of the fight, and he eventually breaks free, runs to his car, and grabs a revolver. He fires six rounds, hitting Kelly in the neck, shoulder, and leg, according to Capt. D’Ambrosio. Seiple continues firing at Clary’s car, but the suspect soon drives away.

In total, Kelly fired 21 rounds and Seiple fired 20, according to The Morning Call.

SEE ALSO: WATCH: Suspects, Police Exchange Over 60 Rounds in Insane Shootout

Authorities said Kelly likely saved his own life by applying a tourniquet to his severed femoral artery. He remained in the hospital 25 days, 12 of which in a medically induced coma, according to LehighValley.com. He arrived at the hospital clinically dead, but medical personnel were able to revive him.

Clary drove himself to the hospital and was treated for multiple injuries, including a bullet lodged in his head. He was convicted of multiple felonies and faces decades in prison.

Northampton County First Deputy District Attorney Terence Houck told The Morning Call he waited to release the dashcam footage until getting permission from Seiple and Kelly.

“Our concerns have always been the victims, the state troopers in this matter, protecting them,” Houck told the newspaper. “But after speaking with them, they wanted it released, as did I.”

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

I might be wrong but I would say he was on more than alcohol to withstand that many taser zaps and still be able to do what he did including drive himself to a hospital with a bullet in his head..............JMHO Glad the officers didn't die.

Cops see plenty of those videos and study plenty of Officer involved shootings when they are in training. It’s why they shoot people that they think are trying to pull a weapon to kill them; because most of the time they are.

Glad the Officers lived through that. The shooter was convicted; hopefully he will never walk free again.

It also shows the effects of an adrenalin rush, the Officer kept yelling for him to get on his back; he was on his back. I think they wanted him on his stomach.

2 hours ago, RED333 said:

LEOs do a job I for one do not want or have the balls to do.

Amen brother. It takes more steady nerve, fast thinking, and strong will than I have.

Need steady temperament as well. I don't have that either. I go from easy going to full-blown, red hot nuts in a split second. I've worked hard over the years to learn control of it, but still don't have it to the degree necessary for this calling.