Didn't expect it....... swiped plastic at Buds

xtriggerman

Monday my son & I were on our way back home from Asheville and since Bud's gun shop is only a few miles off our route home, we thought who can resist. So we stopped. I had no intension of swiping plastic for anything other than some 22 std vels.....maybe.  That philosophy failed miserably since unknown to me Buds bought a bunch of these police Star BM 9mm pistols to dump on the market. The carot came in the shape of a big yellow sale tag on original boxed guns with the $199.99 digits printed largely across the center of the tag. Now I'v seen this sort of bate & sell before in shotgun news and other on line distributors with even better pricing but who knows what condition you end up with and the Star had a good rep but I never held one of these older steel frame BM guns in my hand. I had to fix my ignorance of the matter by getting to hold the sample on one of the 6 boxes in the case. Needless to say, I was quite impressed with the scaled down 1911 9mm! Further thought provoked me into getting all 6 guns out of their boxes and bingo, a near mint unit with about 90 percent hardly worn blueing. I jumped on it as did my son for the second best one.
   All I can say is wow.... what a deal on a very well made mini 1911 style 9mm. Very happy with its quality of craftsmanship.
   hodLZnK.jpg
    36 feet off a wood block rest with wolf ammo
  jyTTLJS.jpg
I highly recommend these steel Star BM's as great "cant kill it" 9's...... that handle great box after box!

• Like 5
16 hours ago, xtriggerman said:

Monday my son & I were on our way back home from Asheville and since Bud's gun shop is only a few miles off our route home, we thought who can resist. So we stopped. I had no intension of swiping plastic for anything other than some 22 std vels.....maybe.  That philosophy failed miserably since unknown to me Buds bought a bunch of these police Star BM 9mm pistols to dump on the market. The carot came in the shape of a big yellow sale tag on original boxed guns with the $199.99 digits printed largely across the center of the tag. Now I'v seen this sort of bate & sell before in shotgun news and other on line distributors with even better pricing but who knows what condition you end up with and the Star had a good rep but I never held one of these older steel frame BM guns in my hand. I had to fix my ignorance of the matter by getting to hold the sample on one of the 6 boxes in the case. Needless to say, I was quite impressed with the scaled down 1911 9mm! Further thought provoked me into getting all 6 guns out of their boxes and bingo, a near mint unit with about 90 percent hardly worn blueing. I jumped on it as did my son for the second best one.
   All I can say is wow.... what a deal on a very well made mini 1911 style 9mm. Very happy with its quality of craftsmanship.
   hodLZnK.jpg
    36 feet off a wood block rest with wolf ammo
  jyTTLJS.jpg
I highly recommend these steel Star BM's as great "cant kill it" 9's...... that handle great box after box!

I have found in most cases, the only way to go anyplace like Buds and not swipe plastic is to either not go or not take plastic in store or have wife and not son with you.............JMHO

• Moderators
5 hours ago, bersaguy said:

I have found in most cases, the only way to go anyplace like Buds and not swipe plastic is to either not go or not take plastic in store or have wife and not son with you.............JMHO

I totally thought that sentence was going to go something like this: I have found in most cases, the only way to go anyplace like Buds and not swipe plastic is to bring cash.  🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have had 3 of the BMs and one BKM (aluminum frame and much lighter).  Do not carry that pistola cocked and locked.  I tried and found that the safety likes to move to the fire position "by itself" when rubbing around stuff. Good shooting pistols though.

Thanks for the tips. I see the firing pin is not an inertia pin like the 1911. I didn't figure on using it as a carry gun. just a range plinker. I can see the large paddle on the safety could be nudged off if bumped. If I ever had a need to use it as a carry guy, I suppose trimming the safety paddle back some may be a fix but in general it has a very definitive snap in either position. A solid little gun for sure.  

Edited by xtriggerman