News we all have been waiting for....

• Authorized Vendor

Score one for PETA.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has gotten Nabisco to change the picture on its animal cracker boxes so the animals appear in an uncaged state.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/peta-gets-nabisco-to-free-animals-of-barnums-animals-crackers

PETA, which has spent decades protesting the use of animals in circuses, wrote a letter to Nabisco's parent, Mondelez International, asking for the box that contains "Barnum's Animals" to get a new look.

“Given the egregious cruelty inherent in circuses that use animals and the public’s swelling opposition to the exploitation of animals used for entertainment, we urge Nabisco to update its packaging in order to show animals who are free to roam in their natural habitats,” PETA said in its letter to Mondelez, according to the New York Post.

The company agreed and now the animals appear roaming -- or at least posing -- freely.

Read more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, martin5 said:

Now that the lion is free he'll kill the rest of the animals

At his age I don't think he will have any teeth or claws left so I think the rest of the animals are safe, at least from the Lion. Now safe from the children is a different story!!!!

• Moderators
On 8/22/2018 at 7:55 AM, Garufa said:

I'm so happy the children can gaze upon happy depictions of the circus animals while they symbolically eat them.

And if they’re anything like me, usually going for the decapitation by biting off the head first. 😬

• Like 2

This is a little off topic but it reminded me of my daughter's school last year. She is a big fan of a youtuber that does videos of all kinds of kids stuff that is super child friendly. We got her a shirt from the youtuber that  has a stick figure doing finger guns which is how they say bye to each other. In no way is this shirt offencive but of course she gets called to the office and told there had been complaints and told to zipp up her jacket. Sorry for the off topic comment. 

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, Esko 270 said:

This is a little off topic but it reminded me of my daughter's school last year. She is a big fan of a youtuber that does videos of all kinds of kids stuff that is super child friendly. We got her a shirt from the youtuber that  has a stick figure doing finger guns which is how they say bye to each other. In no way is this shirt offencive but of course she gets called to the office and told there had been complaints and told to zipp up her jacket. Sorry for the off topic comment. 

Schools have no sense anymore. 

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...