Buckshot Question

POWHS

Perhaps he's conflating hunting regs.

Meaning, for many years there has been nothing you can legally hunt in this state with buckshot. And of course you can't possess a prohibited gun/ammo during the act of hunting whether you're actually using it or not. Splitting hairs as to whether that includes in your vehicle too I guess.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 3
On 8/24/2018 at 6:06 PM, Oh Shoot said:

Perhaps he's conflating hunting regs.

Meaning, for many years there has been nothing you can legally hunt in this state with buckshot. And of course you can't possess a prohibited gun/ammo during the act of hunting whether you're actually using it or not. Splitting hairs as to whether that includes in your vehicle too I guess.

- OS

I had the opportunity to speak with a TWRA marine officer about guns on boats.

I was always prepared to repel boarders, but what is the rule? (Got out of boating about 10 years ago, so I could be wrong)

He said they operate in a gun rich environment, so don't get particularly nervous around firearms. If you are a recreation boater and have a scoped out .308, big daddy camo'd shotgun and a traditional hunting pistol...they will be asking a lot more questions and performing a more detailed search of your vessel.

The only shade of gray is the guy starting out (as I did) pressing a 870 or equivalent with a 28" bbl into HD/SD service with buck shot.

18 minutes ago, Gotthegoods said:

I had the opportunity to speak with a TWRA marine officer about guns on boats.

I was always prepared to repel boarders, but what is the rule? (Got out of boating about 10 years ago, so I could be wrong)

He said they operate in a gun rich environment, so don't get particularly nervous around firearms. If you are a recreation boater and have a scoped out .308, big daddy camo'd shotgun and a traditional hunting pistol...they will be asking a lot more questions and performing a more detailed search of your vessel.

The only shade of gray is the guy starting out (as I did) pressing a 870 or equivalent with a 28" bbl into HD/SD service with buck shot.

Are there some kind of regulations from the numerous agencies that control the waterways dictating the type of weapon allowed?