My weird life

My wife, for some unknown reason, just loves to go frog gigging. I took her Saturday night. Our boys had the good sense to stay home. I sprayed with bug spray until my clothes were dripping. I'm covered with chigger bites. She got none. We never did find any decent frogs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, DWARREN123 said:

Could be worse, at least the two of you do things together.

^^^^This

My wife prefers for me not to be included in pretty much everything she does...the sad side effect of me traveling 95% of the time for work for years. 

10 hours ago, MacGyver said:

Greg, I’m certain I’m not the first to tell you, but you may have out kicked your coverage in the spousal selection department. 

I mean, we are talking frog gigging, but you’ve somehow still managed to marry up.

For me to marry out of my league really wasn't hard to do. Lol

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, gregintenn said:

My wife, for some unknown reason, just loves to go frog gigging. I took her Saturday night. Our boys had the good sense to stay home. I sprayed with bug spray until my clothes were dripping. I'm covered with chigger bites. She got none. We never did find any decent frogs.

Do you Frog Gig from the bank?

3 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Yes.

First off I want to say I'm sorry about the Chigger attack!!!! Sounds like you will be on Bendryl tabs for a while and the Bendryl Pump bottle spray will help alot also. Good luck with that! 

You are suppose to frog gig from a jon boat, canoe, Kayak etc etc. Gigging from the bank will never be productive. A buddy and I used to go about twice a month on a Saturday night on one of his small lakes on his farm from a jon boat and I was gigging and he was bagging. I would gig the frog and put the gig over my shoulder and he would pull the frog and put it in a burlap bag. We would get 35 to 40 every trip. We did have one night my buddy Derby went swimming. It was purely accidental but I gigged a frog but along with the frog I gigged a Cottonmouth and both of them went to the back of the boat and Derby dove out of the boat to get way from the snake. It was funny when it happened but I was required to check the gig end before going over the shoulder from then on. We still laugh about that when we get together which is seldom these days but we had some fun times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm thinking Mrs. GreginTenn is wondering how long it is going to take Mr. GreginTenn to figure out that she wants to "gig", just not frogs...

I mean, how hard does a girl have to work to get her man out in the woods at night without the kids...

sheesh...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, Mark A said:

I'm thinking Mrs. GreginTenn is wondering how long it is going to take Mr. GreginTenn to figure out that she wants to "gig", just not frogs...

I mean, how hard does a girl have to work to get her man out in the woods at night without the kids...

sheesh...

Not likely...we're married!

• Like 2

The chiggers have been absolutely horrible this year round my parts..:surrender:

I was out surveying my sons new house/property about a month ago, didn't even get into the woods, just around the edges of it, and ended up with 50 chiggers all over my legs lower torso..Jeez, I thought I was going to scratch my legs off..:shake:

Never been frog gigging though..