Uber driver shoots in SD

2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

This is Polk County FL, home to the famous Sheriff Grady Judd. He is about as pro-self defense and anti political correctness as it gets. 

Back in 2006 his deputies shot a cop-killer 68 times. When questioned by reporters about the # of shots fired he responded: “That’s all the bullets we had or we would have shot him more.” 😎

Well evidently the people of Polk County like him if he has been sheriff 12+ years and they keep voting him in. I read the story of the shooting and one line that was reported and I had to go back and look again.

Boek got out of a "LARGE" pickup truck and threatened to shoot the driver.

It looked like a plain 1500 series 1/2 ton pickup to me but I could be wrong!

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

Well evidently the people of Polk County like him if he has been sheriff 12+ years and they keep voting him in. I read the story of the shooting and one line that was reported and I had to go back and look again.

Boek got out of a "LARGE" pickup truck and threatened to shoot the driver.

It looked like a plain 1500 series 1/2 ton pickup to me but I could be wrong!

People in Polk county don't mess around. It's mostly made up of old Florida crackers. The Sheriff is indeed very popular from what I recall. I enjoyed living near him and hearing all the stories. 

13 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

People in Polk county don't mess around. It's mostly made up of old Florida crackers. The Sheriff is indeed very popular from what I recall. I enjoyed living near him and hearing all the stories. 

Definately sounds like he does take his job very serious and I wonder if his deputies carry more ammo than they use to......:rock: Didn't sound like they had enough last time. IMHO I don't think it would hurt to have a few more like him around.

2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I lived there for ten years, have property there, have family and freinds still there. It is not full of mostly old Florida crackers. 

It is a large county and yes Grady has a mouth. he also is full of scandal himself. He is not one to play the PC game though. 

Several universities there. Lakeland is a larger city. Auburndale, Winter Haven, and the others are also pretty well populated with younger folks.

Out in the back redneck areas yes it is mostly old Florida Crackers. However they are not the type that use Uber so it is really not relevant. And poopulation wise they are a small percentage. Decades ago that was different. Ah, progress!

And the guy they shot deserved what he got. He had numerous chances to give up. he wasa shot in the backyard of a friend and coworkers parent's house. Hiding under a magnolia tree like the rat he was. I was happy to hear Grady's statement after the shoot even if the progressives pissed their pants. :)

Some folks seem to forget their unofficial motto, shoot at us and we will kill you! Grady has made no bones about saying that on whatever camera he can get in front of. He also shoots a pretty darn good round of clays! 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

Personally, I would have preferred to just drive around the guy or back up. Seems like a clear cut case of self defense though.

I don't believe driving around the guy or backing up would have changed much of the outcome. The truck driver cut them off the first time so best not to give him another chance to do it again or worse. Standing his ground was the best move to make for the Uber driver..............JMHO

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, tnhawk said:

Uber driver will get fired as they aren't allowed to protect themselves.

Better fired than possibly dead this time or the next one and I would not work for a company such as this and not be allowed to protect myself. That in itself tells me the company does not care about there employees..............JMHO

• Like 1