I'm impressed...

charlessummers

It's heavy, ugly as sin, cheap, and has one awful trigger, but shoots remarkable well! I'm talking about my new Hi-Point 45! I kind of/sort of bought it as a joke and even ordered new grips for it with $100 bills on it from hipoint45.com just to make it that much uglier... but I am really impressed with it. My Mom, Son, and I have a family shooting night at least once a month so I took it out to Royal Range tonight to play with it. 7 Yards produced the following: 40470610_10215992150731970_6137175479033004032_o.thumb.jpg.73b71f28646f79d2084bf6ff77034726.jpg

• Like 3

Only experience with a HI-Point I've had was back early summer casual friend [retired Coast Guard} came by to show his new HI-_Point in .380. Had locked the slide back and could not get it to release. So with a bit of effort we got the slide released and having a bullet catcher out back of my basement door friend wanted to test fire it. Slide was dry as a bone and stiff but he shot it anyway functioned as it should. Told him to take it home and read the instruction sheet on how to disassemble it and to lube it. Big ugly but functioned dry without any visible sign of lube on it. Make a good club if needed.

Carbine owner and brand fan here.

Looks like Cap'n A got some of that cheap import knock off vibranium I've been hearing about.

Ugly? Eye of the beholder.

I've seen those dollar bill grips, why not have a conversation starter?

Heavy? 25oz, 29oz with 8 shots.

Blunt striking object? Absolutely.

Use snap caps for dry firing

• Like 1

A friend of mine bought an HP 45 back a couple years ago and stopped by to show it off. He handed it to me and I almost dropped it. Was not expecting it to weigh so much. He said he had been to the range with it and it was very accurate for an inexpensive 45 caliber and told me I needed to look into getting one but I said I will pass. But I also considered that the gun fit him perfectly. He is 35 years old 6ft 4 in, 285 lbs and has hands the size of a SilverBack Gorilla. And arms coming off his shoulder look like Country Hams. He is and has been a pipe fitter/welder/Gofer in the coal mines since he 16 and his father trained him in the mines. He got his HCP and that 45 is his EDC.

I'm a 9mm carbine and pistol owner.  I've actually had two 9mm carbines.  If you stay with the Hi-Point brand mags, they are good guns with ball ammo.  The rifles are a hoot to shoot!!!

I'm very intrigued with the Redball 20 mags for the carbine though.  I was Bill's Outpost and noticed they had a carbine on the wall with a Redball Mag and inquired about it.  They said they are shipping the carbine with them now, so they must be good!

And if the pistol ever fails, I suspect they'd make great boat anchors!  :D