How does one "improperly transport a female?"

Guest GUTTERbOY

Guest GUTTERbOY

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2009/jan/27/chattanooga-police-officer-suspended-improperly-tr/

A Chattanooga police and crime suppression unit officer was suspended for 28 days without pay after a disciplinary hearing Friday for allegations that he improperly transported a female.

Officer Michael Bolton was suspended for conduct unbecoming an officer, said Chattanooga Police Chief Freeman Cooper.

The alleged incident occurred somewhere in Sector Two, which covers the east part of the city, the chief said.

OK, I think I actually have an idea what happened here, I'm just somewhat amused that there are apparently standards concerning the transport of females.

:cool:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He either screwed up...(pun intended) or didn't follow procedure.

As far back as the 90's when I was for a short time a dispatcher for a local PD, all officers had to note the time and their vehicles mileage for the record back to dispatch and notify both the dispatcher and the supervisor that they were transporting a female. That way when the "lady" complained of harrassment a record showed only minutes of transportation from point A to B and the mileage.

Guest Bronker
well, with a name like Michael Bolton, what should you expect??? Maybe he was showing her how to play his clarinet???

michael_bolton1.jpg

You sir...are under arrest for being a wussie. Now go get me a latte'

He either screwed up...(pun intended) or didn't follow procedure.

As far back as the 90's when I was for a short time a dispatcher for a local PD, all officers had to note the time and their vehicles mileage for the record back to dispatch and notify both the dispatcher and the supervisor that they were transporting a female. That way when the "lady" complained of harrassment a record showed only minutes of transportation from point A to B and the mileage.

Yep...that does seem to be the standard, at least when I dispatched for over 10 years anyway...

It really is to the officers benefit, that way if there is a claim of "hanky panky" later the log can show there wasn't enough time and/or by mileage he took a direct route to the jail/PD