Propane pricing and other questions

Obvious_man

33 minutes ago, Obvious_man said:

Some of it is right on the foundation.  I’m just a tad reluctant to start a fire that close.  Short of that, I’m prepared to go full schorched earth.  

Then use another trick I learned. Get some brush killer. Use a liquid med syringe (type used for little kids)  to fill one of those green flower stem water things. Then pop that on a piece of the vine where you have freshly cut the end. The vine will suck it all to the root. Good on small batches. Repeat until destroyed. Hard to do on a bunch though. I would obviously wear latex gloves to do this. Lol. 

Not only do you have to avoid the smoke but everyone around your place has to avoid it. I would highly recommend no burning the poison ivy.

I have found repeated spraying and pulling out by the roots will over time reduce the infestation. I lucked out on poison ivy at our current place but have been fighting kudzu. People keep saying to get goats but I don't want the responsibility of taking care of them.

Ask at the local farm Coop for advise. They helped me on several problems, and they also have generic versions of most chemicals at a lower price.

12 hours ago, owejia said:

Jeb48 check with the co-op for Tordon RTU liquid to kill the kudzu, or Remedy as a basil spray to use on the vine where it comes out of the ground.

Thanks, I'll add them to my list to try. I have had good luck with over the counter version of Trycera which is what the local power company uses. I started with Crossroad then the Coop pointed out that Crossbow was the same thing at about half the price. My neighbor said I should try RM 18 but I had just bought 2 gallons of Crossbow and have just about finished that so I will talk to the Coop and see what they say. It would be nice to find something that got sucked back into the root system better. Crossbow was suppose to do that but not sure how good it is in that regard, it sure does kill the foliage fast. The areas that I could mow a few times a year after the initial treatment is doing well but now I have areas that are not mowable. 

Years ago could get SPIKE in pellet form from TFco-op here. You broadcast on top of the ground and rain melts it goes in the soil and kills from the roots up. I believe SPIKE and Tordon are the same. Remedy mixed 3/1 with diesel sprayed on with basal coverage will kill mesquite. So it should take care of the kudzu also